News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Facebook game derived from Quinsta - suggestions?

Started by Silvanon, May 31, 2012, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanon

Quote from: Scullisto on August 13, 2012, 08:43:54 PM
vanner stallion, but it seems that if I try to buy ANY vanner then same message appears.

I believe I have this fixed now.  Would you let me know if you run into any further problems buying Gypsy Vanners?  Thanks!

Silvanon

Quote from: Ravvana on August 12, 2012, 06:25:28 PM
I also just realized that my Gypsy ladies look really tiny. I know they're meant to be smaller than on Secundi, but my FB Arab mares are bigger than my FB Gypsy mares which is odd to me XD

Actually the full sized versions have the same proportions to each other.  Gypsy Vanners are actually quite small horses, for the most part.

Quote from: Solistia on August 14, 2012, 02:38:43 AM
Looks like there's a layering issue on one of the male Grade's genes

A lot of bleeding from this guy.

Fixed this, and thank you very much for reporting!   If anyone else notices any similar issues with templates going outside the "lines" please, please let me know!

Scullisto

Yes I bought the vanner stallion but I never received him in my stable...bought an extra stall(got that) but not the vanner

Silvanon

Sculli, was that just barely?  Also, what's your name and/or ID on Facebook, so I can hand-deliver him to you?

Scullisto

No I got him in there now...I had to leave facebook and log back in and he arrived... thank you Silv :)

Silvanon

I figured out who you were on my own and delivered him.  And I found the delivery bug and have tested that it's all working correctly now.   In related news, I now also have the store GV stallion who I'll be putting up for breeding.  XD

Scullisto

Awesome Thank you Silv.

One random question tho...
In the search engine, it does not show your own horses...If I search "Gypsy Vanner" it shows "6" vanners, none are mine...I own three.  Does it only show friends horses?

Silvanon

That's correct that the search engine doesn't show your own horses, only your friend's horses.

BabyKittenCandy

Ravvana

Silv, I tried to grow a bay tobiano M Gypsy foal, and he disappeared from my foal page but is not showing up in my last stall.

Silvanon

Rav, the database indicated that you actually sold that foal rather than growing him.  However, your report made me realize I want a verification question to make sure people really want to sell their foals.  So in thanks I manually grew him and gave him back to you.

Edit:  I've also made it so you should be prompted to send a FB request when you submit a breeding request to someone (in case you want to give them FB notification of the breed).

Is there any other time when you wish you could have the option of giving people a FB request about something?

Whimsy

I finally was able to get into the game since I purchased some FB credits :] Ive got many horses now (well a few acutally lol). I would so add people to my facebook to trade and sell with but secundi is my little secret and my SO may be a little suspicious to odd peoples adding me to facebook. However if I can figure out a way to keep it covert I may try and add some folks :]

Edit:Sent a few requests to people :] I ask that you not post things about secundi on my FB.

red_uni387

Is there a limit to how many times a horse can be trained?

Silvanon

Quote from: red_uni387 on August 19, 2012, 01:01:55 AM
Is there a limit to how many times a horse can be trained?

No, I haven't put in any per-horse limits on training, the only restriction is once per day.

red_uni387

I've trained my Stars in Riding Level 3 and her ribbon is not showing up ^^'

Ravvana

I was just breeding my Arab mare with my Gypsy stud to get a foal for EXP-harvest, and I ended up with a filly who inherited every single one of dad's awesome genes XD Blue dun tobiano frame overo. So now I am starting my very first breeding project in either Quin or LH to try to get all three of those genes to Arabs :) It's actually kind of fun! XD

Anyone else have Arab gene breeding goals?

edit: Also, I really want new stalls. Has anyone done the thing where you give FB your PayPal or credit card # for 30 free credits? I'm always worried about that sort of thing being a scam... :/

Livery Stables

Rav thats awesome! I need to add you on FB so I can follow your breeding fun. I bred all the store gypsy mares to the store gypsy stud and ended up with three keepers (plus a couple others that I should have kept but sold for the monies) I now have a red flaxen dun mare, a    Flaxen Chestnut Leopard Appaloosa Tobiano stud, and a grey tobiano stud. I bred them all back (tried to avoid inbreeding but I failed at doing that with one of my guys because I didnt realize his leopardy self came out of the white mare I bought from the store.

red_uni387

Well I hope you have better luck than me, Rav XD I think I've had 4 tries by now and I still haven't gotten a 3rd gen roan grade :(

PonyMama

Solistia

Suggestion:
A small notebox for our horses where we can write notes about them would be awesome. I just saw one of my chestnuts carries the Brown Agouti, and it would have been nice to be able to stick a little note on her so I can remember :3

Livery Stables

I had lots of fun foals :] lots and lots of appaloosa! & a brown base which I dont have >.>

Kadana Sorano

Hey Silv, do you know/know how to find out, who we need to send a report to when we don't receive our FB credits for watching the vids or doing the offers etc?
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

springacres

Quote from: Ravvana on August 19, 2012, 10:08:37 PM
I was just breeding my Arab mare with my Gypsy stud to get a foal for EXP-harvest, and I ended up with a filly who inherited every single one of dad's awesome genes XD Blue dun tobiano frame overo. So now I am starting my very first breeding project in either Quin or LH to try to get all three of those genes to Arabs :) It's actually kind of fun! XD

Anyone else have Arab gene breeding goals?

edit: Also, I really want new stalls. Has anyone done the thing where you give FB your PayPal or credit card # for 30 free credits? I'm always worried about that sort of thing being a scam... :/

Sounds awesome!  I am trying (haphazardly XD) to get dun and overo into Arabs, myself!  And Ravv, the only safe way I know to add PayPal info to Facebook is through your Account Settings page, NOT through any third party offers.  I can't recall if I got credits for doing that though.

Solistia

Has anyone managed to breed any grade to pure yet? (I just want to know if I'm having zero luck or if maybe there might be a problem with the system >> )

Willow

I'm on my sixth gen, all tobiano grade to arab...Still no pure :L
I started the project as soon as the gypsies came out D|
I didn't know if I was doing something wrong, but I thought it didn't take this long? ;3;

red_uni387

i'm on 6th gen too, though i'm breeding my 5th gen girl again to see if it's just the odds that are against me >__>

FCFC

So far all my 7th gens have been grades :U
Still no pure luck x3;
.Feline and Canine Fanciers Club. Owned by Wild & YLO.
Further supported by BlueOrchidWolf & PonyMama {HIATUS}

Willow

8th gen, still all grade :3
Maybe the system has a problem registering 'back to pure' breedings, if it's more than one person with the issue? ^^;
But I'll be happy when I finally get my project done xD

Whimsy

My project has become 'breed a sooty' lol, I have caused some major inbreeding so fair warning to my fellow neighbors watch my stallions for inbreeding!

Silvanon

Ok, I think I found the problem with why grade-to-pure wasn't working.  Hopefully some projects will start coming up pure now - let me know!

FCFC

Saturnalia

I just got a pure out of a Grade x Arab, so HOORAY! :D

Edit... because she's lovely:

Willow

She's lovely congrats, I got excited but sadly..still another grade for me :/
Hopefully tomorrow all this breeding will pay off D|

Solistia

Hooray, I'm glad it was fixed X3 /goes back to breeding creme into arabians

YourLoveOnly

I am breeding roan, appaloosa and tobiano into them 8D
Was also working on dun, but it was not cooperating so I shall continue that later xD

red_uni387

YourLoveOnly

Kadana Sorano

I know, I saw him and was gonna snag a breed, but then I saw he wasn't up for breed lol  Did grab the Flaxen Chestnut Roan she had for sale though!

Daimas

Wondering if he is supposed to have cream, because the lightening of the dun markings like that.

ETA a pic of his daddy with the darker dun marks

FCFC

If he had cream he'd be a palomino or double cream, a cremello.
Silv said earlier in the thread that there are different shades of each colour templated (which is why there are some darker chesnuts, and some lighter). So he's just a lighter template C:

Willow

Scullisto

Whimsy

Ive severly neglected my poor LH due to lack of time, RL is eating me alive right now.

So today is clean out the stables and start a new day, and buy some credits day :] and have at some new projects.

Whimsy

So far these are the foals I've kept..though some are inbred.

Jacks Trade

Kept him for the snowflake appaloosa

Jacks Girl

Blanket Appaloosa and a cream gene, score for pretty sooty appy babies hopefully.

Lasting Times

Brown roan & tobiano...spotty roany painty sooty babys ;]

Greater Tides

Black based appaloosa :]

& sundance for her dun gene

Mouse dun roan gal for arab project

Daimas

Sweet. 5 whole days with no posts^^ I think its settling nicely Silva!

Daimas

First Breeding goal
DONE

Dunalino(listed as Flaxen Dun Palomino)

Second Breeding Goal
DONE

Dunskin(Listed as dun Buckskin)

Surprise and HAPPINESS
YES

Creme' Caramael
Dun Cremello

Solistia

So...I don't know if I have horrible luck, or if the percentages and chances of breeding grade to pure is different in Little Horses from Quinsta, but I have two 6th gen grades trying to breed a pure in 7th gen (98.5 arabian/1.5 gypsy), but have yet to yield a single pure in all my breedings, and I breed most every day.

So my question is, once you reach a certain percentage, is it still a 50/50 chance to breed pure in Little Horses like Quinsta, or are the odds dramatically increased to breed pure?

Silvanon

It's always just 50/50 chance.  I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. :(

Kadana Sorano

Not sure if this was set up deliberately, or if its just a FB type glitch, but whenever I try to copy/paste text on the game, the game freezes up and I have to reload the page.  Not a huge deal, I just need to train myself to type stuff out to my notes instead.  Just thought I'd mention it anyway, in case it's somethign you would want to know.

Also, there is a video you can watch to earn fb credits, and it won;t load.  It's always available to watch (at least I think its the same video there, not sure of course since I can;t see it heh)  Would you have any idea who I need to poke to get that fixed?  I know you can do nothing about those, just wondering if anyone knows anywhere I should report it or such.

Pinkshadow