News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Dress Shoppe Names?

Started by Luv007, June 06, 2012, 02:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luv007

This is COMPLETELY unSecundi related, but I've grown very comfortable with my sewing of certain pieces, and I'm learning new things every day.  Problem is, my little one already has WAY too many clothes, and I'm running out of funds to waste on fabric just because I want to sew it!

So I think I'm going to open up a little store to sell to the military wives here.  Nothing big, but I want to make a website with it and come up with something catchy to be known by.

What I already know how to make and have pretty much perfected:
Pillowcase dresses (child), sundresses (child/adult), Fleece Tie Blankets

Things I'm learning:
Jackets (adults)

Things I think would be fairly easy but need to get some fabric to try them out:
Tu tus
Appliques
Pillowcase shirts (adult)
Any other children's clothes
Normal blankets with bindings, ect.
Pillowcases
Capes
Matching purses

So what do I need from you?  NAMES!!!  I need to name this little business adventure and come up with some sort of cute little catch phrase?

Things that might be useful:
Quote-My name is Jessica Ann Staunches-Moye, as most of you probably already know, and maybe that can be used, or at least a part of it?

-I want to base things MOSTLY off of pillowcase dresses and things that go around that.  So if the name is derived fromt that, AWESOME.

-I do NOT want the name to imply I sell sleepware.  That is the biggest problem I'm coming to when using the pillowcase pun.

-Rhymes are friends.

Sooo.... ANY suggestions are welcom.... GO!!!

Possibilities:
QuoteDressica
Jess's Dresses

SkySong

I wish I could help, but my naming is sub-par... Perhaps something like Ann's Summer? Sorta since pillow case dresses are summer dresses mostly?
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Luv007

That is cute!  BUT....  I want to sell to Alaskans...  and summer is non existant.  I usually just put turtlenecks under Harley's so that she stays warm and stylish!  Haha.

Winged

Sounds like a great idea! I'm not great at names but something like Jessica's dresses is simple and sort of rhymes :)
Ann's Summer i would say an immediate no to, but that's just because there's a common lingerie shop here called Ann Summers... so that name definately wouldn't suit a dress shop for me. Depends what you think obviously.
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

XD Yeah, I can see why that would be wrong. I imagine a lot of mix ups would happen then.

I just thought of something rather stupid, but figure I'll share it: Dressica

A combination of Jessica and Dresses. Neh?
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Luv007

That just got a laugh AND I like it!