News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Possible log in problem

Started by Goddesss, January 16, 2010, 07:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goddesss

This is exactly how I usually try to log in and it happens everytime.  I am not sure if it is me or not.  It isnt a big deal just thought you might want to know.

When I try to log in to the forums I use the log in spot at the top right hand corner.  I put in my username and then tab to the password box.  Type in my pass word and hit Enter.
When I do that it sends me to another login page that says incorrect password.

The only time this doesnt happen is if I am already logged in and then I log out and try to log right back in.  I found that out trying to get you exactly what the page told me. =)

Silvanon

Do you type your password or does the computer auto-fill it in for you?

Goddesss

I type it.  I also thought I may have been pressing enter too fast but all the little dots show up before I press enter.

Silvanon

Ok, not sure what to make of this, but anyways, I want to ask a few more details before I go solution hunting.  What browser & version are you using, and what operating system?

Also, has anyone else reading this thread experienced this problem?

indigowulf

QuoteAlso, has anyone else reading this thread experienced this problem?
I have the problem every time it auto-fills. The only other time is if I accidently dont remove one of the *'s from the autofill when I type in PW. Im on IE 7, xp

Taruia

It's happened a couple times to me, but I can't say for sure it was a problem and not just me typing too fast.

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Garney

I've never run into it, but I always use the email, not username, and the forum sign-in at the bottom.

Now I just tried a test run, entering my username into the top right and bottom forum. Top right gave me no error, bottom gave me that error when using my username, but not my email.

Windows Vista, Google Chrome Beta

Goddesss

I am using Windows 7 and I also use XP on this computer.  It used to happen when we had Vista (we just changed).  I use firefox.  I cant find what version it is.  Ill have to ask my husband when he gets home.

hiyoko

I haven't either, but then again my comp keeps me logged in unless I log out. :D