News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A lot of ideas from my head.

Started by Willow, September 14, 2012, 12:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Notes ~
I would love to hear opinions on these ideas (some more thought out than others)
They're mainly for the core of Secundi, rather than the forum part (which is getting along fine)...I just find I don't use the main features enough because I'm a little bored of them (which I hate saying, it'd just be nice to see something new).

I won't have thought of everything, so if there's an issue I didn't think of let me know.

I hope this won't offend anyone |D

And of course, I wouldn't have the first clue how to code any of these things and how difficult they would be to implement, so if I have suggested something very time consuming or impossible then I apologise xD;

The Ideas!

Inventory like pet page - drop down list -
Simply just selecting which agency items to look at (in the same way you look at your pet pages).
Instead of looking at a mass of images.

Feeding/Vetting/Health -
A tentative idea (I don't want to turn Secundi into PI).
But it'd be an SG sink I suppose :3
Maybe this would only apply for certain agencies? I have no idea how it'd work or if it'd be anything but a pain to code xD;

View siblings? -
If we can view parents would it be possible to view pets with the same lineage?
Perhaps as a link in the profile, or in the pedigree.

Basic interactions -
Nothing much. Just set options and randomised responses (such as the council door).

"Pet/Feed/Talk To/Poke/Sing To" - Your Pet (drop down list?)
- Randomised response when selected (agency owners could submit responses specific to their agency?)
Eg: "Your quin snorts in your face and walks away" or "Your kitty purrs happily"
- Either that or generic responses -
Eg: "Oh dear 'petname' didn't seem to like that!"

These points I brushed on here - [link]

Taking pets on an adventure with you -
Selecting an active pet (Seed Pony style) to go on adventures with you.
If we implemented a pet health bar (or something similar), this could go in hand with vetting if your pet stepped on a thorn (for example).
Some more examples -

"Oh no, 'Petname' just stood on something sharp, better go home and get that fixed!"
- No adventuring for 'x' minutes, or choose another pet.

"'Petname' runs over to you with something in it's mouth."
Oh! You get a/an 'item'"

More adventure events -
Nothing special, just more 'happening events', we all love surprises.

Just for example ~
"Whoops! You trip up and bang your knee, you'll have to take a rest!"
- No more adventuring for say 30 minutes?

"What was that? Did you hear it? Better move on quickly."

"Is that something shiny in the grass/sand?!
USR finds 'random amount' SG!"
- Not crazy amounts, just something similar to when you knock on the council door.

More adventure places -
We have some artistic people on Secundi, why not see if anyone will voulenteer to create some more places to visit? :)
I'd be willing to give it a go.
The desert and plains must have been explored so many times over xD;

Clickable adventure images? -
Again, Seed Pony style. To try and find more items (although I'm not so bothered about this as just having more events).

More games! -
Something like minesweeper.
A question or riddle of the day?
Hook a duck/random chance game?
Spin the wheel?
Lucky dip?
Crosswords?

And perhaps agency items could be won in these as well (in the same way an agency can choose to have an item in the adventures or not).

YourLoveOnly

Minisweeper and a wheel of fortune type of thing would be lovely and both very nice classic and populair games <3

I also very much approve of extending the options of the Adventure feature, because right now I find it quite dull but it has so much potential to turn amazing!

Wildfilly94

I agree with all points. :3 All your ideas are awesome!

Kadana Sorano

Speaking as someone who has a buttload of items, I would totally not mind this.  I can live without it, but I certainly wouldn't complain about having it lol

Feeding/Vetting/Health -
No, please no.  That is one of the things I love most about Secundi, I do not like feeling pressure to remember to come online and "tend" to virtual pets.  I would feel stressed very quickly, and depressed, because I would feel like I couldn't collect as many as I wanted, because I'd need to "save" my money to tend to the ones I have now.  Especially with eventing currently offline, since that was basically my sole means of disposable income lol  But even if/when eventing is back online, I would not want this implemented.  It's too much stress and hassle taking away form what is currently my relaxation and fun spot.

View siblings? -
This would be useful for people who worry about such things.  I personally don;t so much, but I know now and then when I scout for a prospective pet to breed with, the owner of whatever pet I want to use will have a no inbreeding clause, and while I can check the parental line, it's too much of a pain to check the sibs, so I usually just take a pass on using that animal.  Even so, I probably still wouldn't use the feature much at all, but I know many would.

More games! -
Oh yes, always love for more games.  And minesweeper = love!  I would request differing difficulty levels if at all possible, but any way I can get my MS is fine with me lol  and to add to your list there, I love bingo, but not sure how this would be played solo.. maybe if coding wasn't too hard it could be set up where we could challenge other online users, maybe even have "free fun" version or a "SG prize" version, where you can play your friend for fun, or play an opponent for an sg prize.  Or if you don't like the idea of betting, maybe for an item prize.  Base site items, or agency specific items and you could agree on which agencies items to play for before hand.  The specific item itself would be random.  I'd be happy to allow SC items to be included in this.. I may even be willing to try and create a special item just for use as game prizes.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Kadana Sorano on September 14, 2012, 10:03:27 PM
Speaking as someone who has a buttload of items, I would totally not mind this.  I can live without it, but I certainly wouldn't complain about having it lol

Feeding/Vetting/Health -
No, please no.  That is one of the things I love most about Secundi, I do not like feeling pressure to remember to come online and "tend" to virtual pets.  I would feel stressed very quickly, and depressed, because I would feel like I couldn't collect as many as I wanted, because I'd need to "save" my money to tend to the ones I have now.  Especially with eventing currently offline, since that was basically my sole means of disposable income lol  But even if/when eventing is back online, I would not want this implemented.  It's too much stress and hassle taking away form what is currently my relaxation and fun spot.

View siblings? -
This would be useful for people who worry about such things.  I personally don;t so much, but I know now and then when I scout for a prospective pet to breed with, the owner of whatever pet I want to use will have a no inbreeding clause, and while I can check the parental line, it's too much of a pain to check the sibs, so I usually just take a pass on using that animal.  Even so, I probably still wouldn't use the feature much at all, but I know many would.

More games! -
Oh yes, always love for more games.  And minesweeper = love!  I would request differing difficulty levels if at all possible, but any way I can get my MS is fine with me lol  and to add to your list there, I love bingo, but not sure how this would be played solo.. maybe if coding wasn't too hard it could be set up where we could challenge other online users, maybe even have "free fun" version or a "SG prize" version, where you can play your friend for fun, or play an opponent for an sg prize.  Or if you don't like the idea of betting, maybe for an item prize.  Base site items, or agency specific items and you could agree on which agencies items to play for before hand.  The specific item itself would be random.  I'd be happy to allow SC items to be included in this.. I may even be willing to try and create a special item just for use as game prizes.

Totally agree with this :)

Winged

I would be against the Feeding/Vetting/Health idea, like Kadana said it's not nice having to come online to make sure that your virtual pets get 'fed' This was always one thing that i hated about PI, loosing something you had tried herd and possibly spent money on if you're away and can't get on the internet.
Though i suppose if it was optional like if they were injured in adventuring or you could choose to give them feed that helped in some sort of eventing, but didn't have to give them this.

But i like all the other ideas you've mentioned :) I would love new adventure images, and perhaps an increase in agency stocks? I hardly ever play the adventure anymore, because i can't actually remember ever finding an agency item.
I'd love new games, especially minesweeper! A jigsaw (with secundi pets or images) would be great too, and so would card games or traditional two-player dice games, like snakes and ladders (wouldn't that be hillarious?).
Owner of Gliders!

Kadana Sorano

I have found items when adventuring before.  I used to do it a lot, but lack patience any more.  Mostly because the agencies I try and adventure with now have few items in the adventure, or (I'm guessing this one) the drop rate is pretty low.  I don't adventure to get Secundi items, but rather agency ones.

The best agency for adventuring has always been the Kennel.  From my personal experience, the Kennel's items seem to have a really high drop rate compared to everyone else.  But with them inactive now, that's pointless.

The drop rate is one of the things I worry about with SGA actually, because I have no idea if the numbers I set for things are too easy/hard, and unless people test it and tell me I won;t know.  I don't have the patience to adventure for agencies I want/need items for, I really don;t have the patience for "testing" my own drop rate lol  I think this may be a problem with most of the agencies actually, unless someone tests it out for them (possibly several someones) and give hem feedback, they won't know.  Then again, it could be they actually intend for items to be so hard to find, to keep them more rare.

anyway, I always get a wee bit disappointed when I find a Secundi item instead of an agency item lol

And Jigsaws would be loved, but I'm still excited over the mere idea of minesweeper on Secundi.  And slightly leery.. I tend to sink into that game and not make it back out for days on end lol
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Silvanon

- Inventory divided by Agency
+ I can do that, and it shouldn't take too long.  I'll try to get this one done this month.

- Feeding/Vetting/Health
+ Being forced to feed/whatever every so often or the pet/plant/whatever dies is a pet peeve of mine, so I'm not up for implimenting a forced feeding thing.  I would consider have an optional feeding/whatever option that earns you SG, though.  I'd like more discussion on whether people would want that before doing it.

- View siblings?
+ This is certainly possible, but I wouldn't want to put it on an often-used page like the pedigree proper.  I'll make it it's own page and link it up.  I can do this one by the end of the month.

- Basic interactions
+ This is very possible, but it's very time consuming to come up with lots of things for pets to say, and it takes ~lots~ or else things start feeling repetitive and boring very quickly.

- Taking pets on an adventure with you
+ This is possible, I'm not sure right now how much coding it would take to impliment, I need to go back and look closely at the current adventure code.

- More adventure events
+ Definiately possible, has the same problem as the Basic interactions suggestion in that it'd take a fair bit of time to come up with all the various happenings.

- More adventure places
+ I totally agree this one really needs to happen.  I even have a few places that someone did up for me.  I don't remember who and I need to go back through the dark recesses of my PM box to find them.  I'd be totally up for more volunteers to do more places, too.  Creating the artwork itself is the biggest time-consumer on this one.

- Clickable adventure images?
+ Um, I guess we could.  Do people really want this?  It'd take a fair bit of time to code up, so it's not something I'd want to do if people aren't very gung-ho about it.

- More games!
+ Yeah, we do need more games and that's one of the things that's always in the back of my mind that I need to do.  Games take a LOT of coding, though, and ones like "Question of the Day" and "Crosswords" also need ongoing maintenence to keep fun.  It's always a challenge, too, to figure out games that I really can do in PHP, which doesn't update real-time like Javascript and Flash.  Minesweeper sounds fun to me, and maybe possible, but I'm going to have to really put my brain to the question of how I'd code it.  Random chance games are much simpler, I could probably have another of those done up by the end of the month.

Willow

Thank you very much for getting back to me Silv! :D

I understand the coding aspect is very time consuming (and from my basic experiences, frustrating at times) x3;

But the things I was most excited about (Dived Inventory/Siblings/Adventure Events/Places), sound plausible which is encouraging! :)

Perhaps a voulenteer to create a place thread would be good. I can certainly try my best x3;
<3