News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Woah! wrong contest!

Started by indigowulf, January 25, 2010, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

Can anyone else look and see, in the last few days, have your pets been runnin in the wrong contests? I always start at the top of the list (wit) and work my way down, until I enter everyone in totality. Ive looked at the last few days, and it shows everyone entered in the speed contest. Even if I somehow messed up and clicked speed when I meant totality, anything already entered in a contest that hour shouldnt have been able to enter, and even my wits contestants were there.

Anyone else?

eta: looked into it further, its not always speed. Its like the contests pick a random contest for the hour, and enter ALL my pets into that contest. Now, when you mass sign up, they enter for several hours down the line. I had one hour, everything in luck. Next hour, everything in speed, next hour, everything in strength. Something is really strange here! (I was looking at the 25th of jan stuff-cant see anything else to check)

Ok, there's a couple random 1 or 2 entered in the correct place. But then masses are all entered into the same contest. I click check all my wobbles and enter agility all at once, but only 1 wobble is going agility, the rest are lemming-like following the crowd to the wrong contest. Same with each class, I enter them as a group in mass, and maybe 1 or 2 is going to the right place, the rest are having a party elsewhere against my will. And it seems completely random where this other contest they gather at is taking place.

I never noticed this happen before the split of contest pets vrs non contest pets.

Silvanon

Well, I entered all my pets into contests after the last contest code change, and they all went into the one I set.  I also just did some testing and was unable to replicate what you're describing.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yruvian

I never really check whether they've been in the right contest.

I just checked some of mine and they seem to have participated in the right contests (checked for speed, will and fate that ran at the same time. If necessary, i can check the others too. The only ones I don't enter are Wit.)

indigowulf

Mineare all entereing correctly now. It seems like it was just a couple-day fluke that hit me. I always mass-sign up, and they were all going like lemmings into random contests each hour. Whatever hickup it was, they decided the party is over, and are getting back to business now.

Silvanon

Ok, thanks indigo.  Where it's not happening now and I wasn't able to replicate it, it's very hard to say what might have been causing it-- whether there was some random site or database hickup, or some user hiccupping, or something else.  If it happens again let me know, and try to describe in as great of detail as possible everything surrounding it.  Thanks!