News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What are the best website hosts/domain providers for the price?

Started by Neocridders, January 31, 2010, 02:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

I am currently using gandi.net
(I think that was what it was called) and then freewebs as my hosting site.

It seems to not give me much when I use freewebs.
Any ideas? Gandi domain expires in the summer, so if anyone knows of a cheaper domain and web hoster, I will renew with someone else.

It would be nice to have a login option to my website, if that is possible.

I would love to know what you guys use as your hosters and domain providers, to see if I can find a better one.
Mine at the moment is neocridders.com
it really is just an about me site, but I want to make it so you can log in and buy my artwork, or order artwork, any maybe adopt my adoptable artwork ;)

If anyone knows of any sites I can do this with, please let me know.

Price is an issue, I have no money at the moment but I want whatever is best anyway, I will eventually get the money to payfor it. :)

Gidgets

Secundi uses HostGator, who so far have been very reliable and stable. They have a lot of options for hosting packages and sometimes you can find coupons so your first month is ridiculously cheap.

Lemontoss.com has been hosted by AMS computer services for over ten years now and I've never had anything but love for them, though they may not be the cheapest you can find.

indigowulf

I dislike freewebs. They have just too much down time for me. It always seems to happen right when Im trying to edit something too.

I like freehostia (as seen by all my adoptablies in my sig line :))
FOr paid sites, this may help:
http://www.top10webhosting.com/

side by side comparison of a lot. doesntgive user reviews tho on how people like it.

Silvanon

Any site host that boasts Fantastico along with the CPanel has ready-to-go shopping carts you can easily install and use.  I set one up recently for a friend who just moved his site to HostGator.   Here's his store:  http://www.airabovewater.com/store/

A lot of paid hosting companies do offer Fantastico.  My personal site is with hasweb.com - they're a little cheaper than HostGator currently, but don't give unlimited space or bandwidth (I run out of space before bandwidth, though).

Ravvana

I host with HostPC and have my domain at GoDaddy. Works fine for me and fits my budget :)