News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Panda Shrimps} Custom Information

Started by YourLoveOnly, November 10, 2012, 01:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

(Panda Shrimp lineart & shading by LunarPixie from PI, colored & managed by YLO)

Panda Shrimps events commonly feature 3 types of customs; pick-a-number, semi custom and full custom. Full customs have different levels too; there's Normal, Multi and Unique. This thread is to explain each type and store the custom forms people can fill out.

YourLoveOnly

Pick a Number
Pick a Number pets are fairly random. You fill out one of the forms provided to you and a pet matching your selections will appear. The trick is, you don't know what the numbers mean! So while you do get to decide what the pet turns out like, you're actually unsure what choices you're making XD It's something I came up with a couple years back and it's been copied by quite a few adoptables on Secundi and other websites, which makes me very proud <3

Pick a Number pets typically cost 5K each. You're required to select a number within the specified range, no leaving sections blank! For example, 1-3 means you can pick the number 1, 2 or 3.

To make sure the outcome doesn't become predictable forms may be switched out for new ones at any time. Right now I use the following four forms for Pick a Number pets.
[color=lightpink][b]Pastel Panda Shrimp, Please![/b]
1-4:
1-9:
1-8:
1-2:
1-5:
1-6:
1-9:
1-10:
1-6:
1-7:
1-2:
1-5:
1-14:
1-8:
1-6:
1-7:[/color]

[color=orange][b]Bright Panda Shrimp, Please![/b]
1-6:
1-3:
1-8:
1-3:
1-8:
1-9:
1-8:
1-6:
1-7:
1-10:
1-5:
1-7:
1-3:
1-7:
1-3:
1-7: [/color]

[color=royalblue][b]Dark Panda Shrimp, Please![/b]
1-6:
1-2:
1-5: 
1-8:
1-9:
1-7:
1-2:
1-5:
1-6:
1-7:
1-10:
1-6:
1-14:
1-8:
1-4:
1-9: [/color]

[color=sienna][b]Natural Panda Shrimp, Please![/b]
1-4:
1-8:
1-6:
1-7:
1-2:
1-8:
1-9:
1-6:
1-7:
1-6:
1-5:
1-7:
1-5:
1-6: [/color]

YourLoveOnly

Semi Custom
Semi Customs are still random pets, but you have a bit more control over these than the Pick-a-Number pets. They typically cost 15K each.

[color=yellowgreen][b]Semi Custom Form[/b]
Name:
3-5 colors: (hex or RGB codes are allowed)
One marking you really want included:
Up to three markings you don't want included: [/color]

Marking questions may be left blank if you want. There are two types of Rainbow (Forelock, Scales) and Mottled (Body, Scales), please specify location!

YourLoveOnly

Full Customs
Full customs are just that; Panda Shrimps that can look exactly how you've imagined them! The basic Normal type will let you pick colors and markings, but there are other (more rare) types that will let you order multi-colored markings and even unique non-templated ones to get that very perfect pet!

Customs have a base price of 25K. Multi-colored body parts and markings are an additional 2,5K each and Unique markings range from 3K up to 20K per marking depending on difficulty. This is the custom form. It is used for all full customs, no matter what type.

[color=darkorchid][b]Custom Form[/b]
Name:
Body:
Eyes:
Scales:
Marking 1:
Marking 1 Color:
Marking 2:
Marking 2 Color:
(add Marking & Marking Color lines as needed)[/color]

Hex codes are allowed and encouraged!

I've written up a handy tutorial that explains all three types and how to properly fill out your custom form.

Step 1 ~ Getting a Slot
First decide what you want. There are three types of slots: Normal, Multi and Unique.
Slots enable you to get that type of custom, they do not include things for free. So only a Unique slot enables you to buy unique markings.

With a Normal slot you can have as many premade markings as you want, but you can not add multiple colors to a single color pattern or body part.
With a Multi slot you can have as many premade markings as you want. Body, scales and eyes can have up to two colors. Red markings can come in multiple colors.
With a Unique slot you can have as many premade markings as you want. It has the same options as the Multi slot which means body, scales and eyes can have up to two colors. Red markings can come in multiple colors. With this slot you are also able to purchase unique markings. 'Unique markings' means any non-templated marking. Other people can buy the same unique marking when they have a slot, it does not mean that type of marking is unique to you.

Step 2 ~ Understanding Colors
In the examples each part has a different color. It is important you know what each color means so you can fill out the form correctly. For example, yellow on scales is not a marking color, it's the base color of the scales.

White - body color
Cyan - eye color
Yellow - scales color

Red - first marking color you give me
Green - second marking color you give me
Blue - third marking color you give me

Please give the amount of marking colors needed, no more and no less. So if it's a red pattern, list one color. If it's a red and green pattern, list two colors. If it's a red, green and blue pattern, list three colors. Only with a Multi slot can you give a red pattern more colors.

Step 3 ~ The Basics
Pick a color for the body, the eyes and the scales. If you have a multi colored slot you are allowed to pick up to two colors for each. If you do this the body and scales will be a gradient, the eyes will be bi-eyes (each one a different color)

Step 4 ~ Picking Markings
Consider the slot type you have when ordering! All premade markings can be found here. Unique markings can be anything you desire and if I really feel like I can't make your custom you will get a full refund.

Don't forget to pick colors for everything! If you have a Multi or Unique slot then take a look at the list below. There is a number in brackets behind each marking, this is the amount of colors you can get for that marking. It's only available for red patterns and not all of them have it. Red/Green and Red/Blue/Green patterns do not have this option as they are already multi-colored by default!

YourLoveOnly

Multi-colored Markings
Name of marking ~ (maximum number of allowed colors)

-Hair-
Forelock ~ (1) ~ Free
Rainbow Forelock ~ (n/a) ~ 1,000 SG

-Face-
Inner Ear ~ (2)
Tipped ~ (2)
Mask ~ (1)
Nerd ~ (2)
Blaze ~ (1)
Nose ~ (1)
Freckles ~ (1)

-Legs-
Socks ~ (4)
Stockings ~ (4)
Fade ~ (1)
Barring ~ (2)
Split Toes ~ (n/a)

-Body-
Mottled Body ~ (1)
Split ~ (2)
Paint ~ (5)
Spots ~ (5)
Zigzag ~ (5)
Belly ~ (1)

-Scales-
Dual ~ (3)
Dorsal Stripe ~ (1)
Lines ~ (4)
Checkered ~ (4)
Mottled Scales ~ (1)
Striped Scales ~ (n/a)
Rainbow Scales ~ (n/a)

n/a means a marking is already multi-colored by default and cannot have anymore colors