News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Interest?

Started by WillowDragon, February 12, 2013, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillowDragon

Some ideas i've had for about 2 years and never did anything with.

Simply named 'The Experiment' or as I call them, fuglies (hehe) these are a multi stage adoptable that are like 'chimeras' or creatures that have qualities from different animals. They arent particularly cute. lol

So far I have two 'breeds' of these creatures done.

The first stage is Ova (egg).

This is the basic stage of all of the 'breeds' It is at this stage that you decide if you want to add any genetic modifications to your creature. (colours, mutations etc) Colours will work in an almost 'real life' way, in that they will have a genetic code that i will keep track of and creatures can 'carry' genes etc.
When you have decided what DNA, if any, you want to introduce to the test tube, you must introduce an electric current to encourage cell division (this will be an item always available)

The second stage is Divided Ova.

There isn't a lot you can do at this stage of growth. Since all 'fuglies' are genetically female, the Y chromasome doesn't exist. Though maybe...just maybe, on the extremely rare occassion there might be a 'Y' injection available, it would be appiled at this stage of growth.(The Experiement does not 'breed' like normal critters. You can choose 'parents' and combine thier DNA in the test tubes and add new DNA if wanted. Though normal breeding may be introduced in the future, the down side of it would be the loss of some stages and the inability to 'add DNA'

The third stage is Embryo (breed 1 embryo)

Not all Ova reach this stage of growth. Some fail to thrive. Especially if you attempt to add too much DNA. Once a creature reaches this stage, it is classed as viable and will survive.

The forth stage is Young. (breed 1 young)

Well done you're experiment thrived and was 'born'. Isn't it cute?? (This is an example of Breed 1, natural state with no extra DNA applied)

The last stage is Adult. (Breed 1 example)

You're creature is strong and a beautiful sight to behold!! (?? haha) At baby and adult stages, your creatures can be named if you wish, or they can just stay as thier ID numbers...this is an example of Breed 1, natural state with no extra DNA applied)

I do have another Breed adult lines completed, but I think I will keep them a secret if there is genuine interest in my idea. I am working on adding simple mutations to Breed 1 and also deciding on what sort of 'code' I will use for colours/mutations and how they will pass.

This adoptable will be both in natural colours and fantasy colours too. But to make things a bit more challenging, obviously fantasy colours will have to be added and 'genetically combined' for.

Wildfilly94

-clings- I want 20. Pwease? No? Okay. XD

I Love the art and the animal itself! Though I have to say, my favorite aspect of this adoptable is the fact you get to watch it grow from one cell to a full adult. That is SO wesome, and totaly unique and different from anything we have here yet. :3

Wild approves. :D

Kahlira

Those weird looking critters remind me amazingly like a Wildebeest. They need more love them Wildebeest do! So yes? Kah can has a Wildebeest looking one perchance?

I do like them in a weird sort of way.. Looks like it might could be fun!

Bunraku

My inner mad scientist completely approves of this. I want them, yes, yes I do.

WillowDragon

;D

Breed 1 has Equine, Feline and Bovine traits.

Breed 2 has Feline, Capra and Avian traits.

Wildfilly94

Moar kittiness :3 Symon will have to be genetically mutated into one of these someday XD

Kadana Sorano

Ahah!  I thought I spied feline goodness in there :D  Yes please, do want!

Whats a Capra? lol
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Wildfilly94

red_uni387

Winged

I like! Unusual idea, which we could do with more of here :p And the lines are great. Might take a little to get used to whatever genetics/dna you use but sure it'll be easy to pick up.
Owner of Gliders!

hiyoko

I would love to have some.^^

Sunchaser

Silvanon

I'm interested!  (And when I scrolled past the "young" stage, LilBit cried out "Oh, how cute!!")

WillowDragon

Haha!!  Tell LilBit thank you!! How old is she now???

Silvanon

springacres