News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Quinsta] March Breeding Season

Started by Silvanon, March 05, 2013, 04:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuukokoro

But since there are so many tons of Quin running around, I think if you want to keep your studs to limited breeding it wouldn't be hard for people to find another Quin that fits their plans instead. :)

WillowDragon

I'm not completely adverse to it, don't get me wrong! It's just a bit of a culture shock for me that's all! But yeah, I think my stallions will be limited for breeding in seasons, even by me. lol

springacres

It's not a total shock to me - I seem to recall that Toffeeca used to limit her appy Vanner studs, she'd offer Peter one season and Jason the next, and she was strict about what happened to their foals.

Also, I have new plans... I will be getting my first Luestin!!!!  Thanks to Pink for letting me borrow her mare <3

Daimas

I have no problem against it because most of mine are wild or second Generation. I also usually claim a second gen foal from others if my breedings dont work out so for me I dont have to worry about inbreeding as of yet.

Silvanon

I'm starting Chestnut into Friesians and Non-Dun into Fjord projects this season.  ^^

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Sarah Badr

Quote from: Silvanon on March 12, 2013, 10:35:52 AM
I'm starting Chestnut into Friesians and Non-Dun into Fjord projects this season.  ^^

That's what I'm working towards too. ;)

springacres

Quote from: Silvanon on March 12, 2013, 10:35:52 AM

Ooh, fun and challenging!  I'm considering starting a silver into Fjords project at some point myself (though tbh I'm not sure how you would tell the difference between silver and non-silver in a breed like the Fjord anyway!)

Winged

Dapples will be lovely on the Fjord coat :)
Owner of Gliders!

WillowDragon

Is 'dappled grey' a seperate thing in Quin, like 'Fleabitten grey' is??

I would love a whole host of dappled grey quin  ;D

Winged

Dappled grey isn't separate, some greys are very pale and some are darker and dappled.

For example this Grey has dapples
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=529323

But this one is nearly white looking in coat.
http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/9-1224.png

This fleabitten grey is dappled
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=550145

And this fleabitten grey is pale again
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=558179
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

If you want to guarantee grey with dapples you can buy a Magic Marking ticket, those cost $5 each and lets you pick what the exact coloring should be. Not really a custom, since the description still needs to match, but for example if I breed a yellow dun tobiano and use a magic marking ticket I can specify what shade of yellow dun and give a reference pic for the tobiano.

springacres

Other coats besides grey can have dapples, too.

Silver bay with very faint dapples:
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=559674

Ravvana

All my breedings are approved and ready to go! Whoo! :)

Daimas

Ready to see what all pretties I get! cant wait to see if Snowflake carries anything under he white

Bunraku

I'm a little nervouse, I have comfirmation both by PM and on a thread that I'm allowed to breed to a stallion, but his owner has not accepted the breeding, if they don't get on within the time I need, am I allowed to PM you with their approval silv?

Keilin Alyr

His owner may be busy with something or living in a non-American timezone, Bun. Don't worry, they'll have all day on the 24th to confirm their approval. Chances are they'll be around sometime tomorrow. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

springacres

All breedings have been approved from my end too.  Can't wait to see all the results (andomgIamFINALLYgettingaLUESTIN!!!!)

Winged

Sent in my requests, sorry to everyone that i've got a breed with for the lateness, i'm so bad at getting organised and have been busy with the end of term. Hope i get some luck with my projects!
Owner of Gliders!

Silvanon

Quote from: Bunraku on March 13, 2013, 03:25:52 PM
I'm a little nervouse, I have comfirmation both by PM and on a thread that I'm allowed to breed to a stallion, but his owner has not accepted the breeding, if they don't get on within the time I need, am I allowed to PM you with their approval silv?

If you paid a fee to use him, then send me the details & proof & whatnot and I'll approve it for you.  If it was a free breed, then I'm not comfortable approving that instead of the owner.  In that case you'll probably want to arrange a backup stallion for that mare - you can get the breeding request up and going and get the stallion's owner to approve, and just not approve the mare on your end unless it's needed.  As admin I only see requests where both parent owners confirmed.

Bunraku

I have to have him approved by the end of the day today right? I didn't pay to use the stallion, but I am paying with a custom to use the mare (who has already been approved) so I'd need both the owner of the mare and the stallion to approve x.x

Shall I arrange a backup in any case and try to submit the breeding, and just tell you which stallion I prefer if both end up getting approved? I'm not certain if the mares or stallions owner will be online today, I just want to have all bases covered just in case.

CutieePiee

Seems like I approved everything on my end and all my breedings are approved also! I'm very excited about this season. A whole bunch of Minis and Mustangs on the way, plus a Luestin. :D

This season I'm aiming for dun roans, appaloosas with dun or roan, and overos.

YourLoveOnly

Silv I had two breeding requests from last season that weren't approved in time, so they were still pending. They were approved afterwards and when I checked right after you posting old ones were cleared they still showed up, but now they don't anymore. I don't even remember which exact breedings they were, I only remember who owned the 2 mares and the name of one of the girls. I don't suppose there is a way to recover that and get the breedings to go through? They were approved after last season wrapped up completely so I thought they would be good for this season and now they have vanished..

Silvanon

Quote from: Bunraku on March 14, 2013, 10:29:05 AM
Shall I arrange a backup in any case and try to submit the breeding, and just tell you which stallion I prefer if both end up getting approved? I'm not certain if the mares or stallions owner will be online today, I just want to have all bases covered just in case.

Yeah, I think that's the way to go in that case.

YLO - if they were really put through after I did foal descriptions, then they shouldn't have had admin approval and shouldn't have been cleared out.  I'm willing to look into it, but first would you please check with the mare owners to see if they canceled the breedings?

YourLoveOnly

*nods* They didn't have admin approval, only mare and stud approval. So I dunno why they vanished either. I can't get ahold of the mare's owner in time, since it's already late in the evening here and I have to head to bed but I've asked a friend if she could get in touch for me through instant messenger. I'll let you know once I have a reply. I am wondering if maybe one of the stallion owners canceled it since they thought it was on old breeding (the stallion requests were both approved in time for last season, only the mare's owner didn't get approval sent in until much later)

CrystalAngelNeko

Sorry YLO! That was my fault! I was messing around with them because I recognized them as being from the last breeding season, just not excepted it time ^.^'' So I canceled them thinking it would be best to start over on a clean slate.

If you want, you can still use my mares for breeding <3 I've only submitted two breedings myself this season with mares I don't believe you would want to use =P If possible, Silvanon can pluck them back up? Because I don't remember who you were using anymore either >.>

YourLoveOnly

Thanks Crys! I hope Silv can find them too, since they had been approved by all involved parties and canceled by mistake, maybe they can be manually put through? I know one of the breedings was with this girl: http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=522413 But I dunno which stallion it was anymore and not sure who the 2nd was. And I doubt I can get it all approved in time anyway. If it doesn't work out this time I'll message you for next season if that's alright? :) Stupid migraine attack is making it hard to plot everything right now XD

CrystalAngelNeko

Yeah no prob ^.^ If you cant get it through this season, you can use her next season!

Kahlira

I'm getting all giggley over this right now XD

Bunraku

I already sent you a PM about this Silv, but I just want to say I've submitted two fail safes for the mare I'm breeding two-one is a breeding with a second secundi based stallion where I have approval for the mare (and approval by PM for the stallions free breed, although the approval itself isn't appearing on my breeding page) and another fail safe I've submitted for a breeders chocie breeding, which will need to be approved for the mare, but if it is not approved by morning, I take it I can send proof that I am doing a custom for her RB? Pink already knows and is ok with my efforts to get a breeding, but I just want to be 100% certain. Its all for the same mare she owns.

I also want to know if anyone else is having this problem-everyone so far whom I have requested a stud breeding from has said they have approved their breedings, yet I am not seeing it on my pet page as approved and I feel like there is some kind of glitch going on with this particular mare, since ts just her where the problem seems to persist.

Silvanon

YLO & CrystalAngelNeko - Ok, that was sufficient information to find and reinstate those breedings.

Bunraku - I've PMed you.  But in answer to your new question, yes if you give me proof of the custom payment for RB I'll put the Breeder's Choice through for you even if it doesn't get approved in time.

Ryuukokoro

Thanks for the idea of back up studs, Sil! I have two people who didn't get online in time to approve a breeding, but I got back up breedings in place so it's okay. ^_^

springacres

Yeah, I was worried I'd have to find a backup for one of my planned breeds too.  Thankfully both parties approved in plenty of time, so it wasn't needed.

skysnolimit

Pinkshadow

springacres

Me too... especially my Luestin XD

Pinkshadow

Mee too xD
- But also all of my minis <3

springacres

Yeah, I'm looking forward to my Clyde breeding and my Vanner and Friesian foals.  And... oops, just realized there was an RB I traded for and forgot to send in for.  Oops.  Guess I'll just have to remember to trade for the same mare's RB next season.

Winged

I'm especially excited for my Friesian foals, and i'm hoping to be lucky with my Fjord and Andy projects.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I am really excited to see how mine turned out too! I am especially hoping I finally succeeded in getting a blue dun snowflake mini boy :)

Silvanon

Ryuukokoro

Eeee babies! Must comment on excitement!

Man, it's a good thing I bred six Fjord mares for my grade project because only one of the six passed the genes I needed. o.0

Sadly neither of my Freisian breedings gave me anything but black. ;_; *looks longingly at bay Freisian*

But I did get a super awesome silver dapple Luestin which will be going up for trade to someone lucky... >.> Too bad I'm at work and I gotta finish packing my boss's suitcase before the end of the day, so I can't do a trade thread til tonight. :P *skitters away back to work*

Bunraku

O____O Will you look at those Luestins! I am out of my MIND with excitement!

Bunraku - #555568 x #550028 ::  6745. Luestin M Silver Dapple Black Sabino Overo, front right Stocking, front left Sock, back right Fetlock, Stripe (Calm and sweet, a mover)
Bunraku - #553584 x -- ::  7214. Luestin F Black Tobiano, front right Coronet, back right Fetlock, Lip Marking (Calm and sweet, not a mover)

EXACTLY what I wanted, oh my gosh, I was never expecting such luck with my firsts <3333

Winged

I'm glad you got the result you wanted Bun!

I didn't have much luck with my projects unfortunately :( Shall be seeing who has ones for trade, and i've got a couple that are nice, just not what i was aiming for.
Owner of Gliders!

Kahlira

Sarah Badr

Silv-

I went ahead and sent the $20 to your PP for 2 Bonus Tickets. Wanted to get that done straight away.  ;)

Just wish I could claim more than 4 for my non-black Friesian breeding program I'm starting.

Sarah Badr

Wildfilly94

My projects failed. But I got a Mouse Dun Luestin Female, so I'm happy :)

WillowDragon

I'm squeefully happy with my Morgan breedings.

Found out my Leondas carries 'e' which is fab!

I was hoping for a dunskin from my Vanners, but alas...the grullo tobiano sounds nice!

CutieePiee

A little bummed that my Luestin didn't come out a female, but I was pleased with my other foals, so many pretties this season. ^_^

Alnaeyah

So if a grade is more than the 80 something percent does it give a better chance of it having a non grade foal?