News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

~Little Chimaera~ Is Anyone Interested in a Comeback?

Started by Kage Davies, March 14, 2013, 09:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kage Davies

I hope this is appropriate and in the right place.

Okay so I know I've been gone forever. Last October I intended a Halloween comeback to build on what was already being done with the shop in my absence; no word of a lie, the moment I started to work on it I blew up my computer. Literally. Fried the graphics card, the sound card, the CD drive... It took me until February to save the money to pay for the new parts, and then the whole month for them to put it back together and sort out the various compatability issues. Sigh.

Anyway. I know that getting official status was a big thing and I feel terribly guilty I've been gone for so long. Unless my technical issues start all over again, I should now be available indefinitely, barring RL issues. I finished Uni, so no work load in the way either. I haven't yet managed to get hold of the person who was keeping things going while I was gone, but I can't see any activity threads with our name on. 

So basically, I wanted to know if anyone wants me to come back, if I've ruined all the good feeling towards the shop, and really what you'd like to see from the shop in general. I wanted to get things rolling again, but if people are happy with how things have been I can just provide any art that's needed and leave it be. Please feel free to PM me or IM me if you don't want to post about it here.

Kage x

PonyMama

I would be hesitant, mostly because of the breeding season.

I can understand hiatus and unexplained absences, that is fine, it happens, but what bugged me to no end was the fact I asked for permission to use a LC from someone, and when the babies were born, her, not me was offered first pick of the babies.  If it was my breeding, and I paid for it, and the permissions were posted that should have never happened.

Then I was told everyone has their own way of handling breedings.  So before I ever felt comfortable with this shop again, clear rules between all staff would have to be discussed and followed by all, and make sure it is clear to the followers.

Kage Davies

Gosh. I was absent when this happened, and I've just spoken to Aralie who explained it to me.

Yes, I agree, we need to have a set of guidelines for everyone to follow. I do want to change what was in place when *I* was here last, so it fits more with the rest of the site (when we used to have them open all the time). But I'm not quite sure what Aralie did with it while I was gone.

So point number one would be, clear and defined guidelines for the breeding season.

CrystalAngelNeko

If it means anything I would love to see Little Chimaeras make a come back ^.^ The lines are clean and nice, and from my stand point, I don't see a problem with coming back and cleaning up a little ^.^

Sure clear guild lines would be great~ And maybe a "what do we owe?" thread? I'm not owed anything, but maybe someone else is?

WillowDragon

Oh my God Kage!!!!!! I just got so confused right then. Haha!

Hello!! :D

Bunraku

I'd love it if you came back ^^ I'm fairly new to Secundi, and never participated in the shop while you were running it, but I've collected several little chimera and am looking forward to getting the customs I received as Christmas presents, so I have absolutely no objections to the shop coming back! I love the art.

Kage Davies

Haha, hello :D.

Aww that's good. Aralie is working on Christmas customs, its just taking a while to get through them. She promises them soon, though. I might help her out, if she and the custom owner don't mind.

I think we'll start with a what do we owe thread, and then if its not too much we might move into an Easter event. Sadly over Easter itself I will be stuck on my laptop again, but its only temporary and I can pick up photoshop jobs when I get back.

The artwork is going to be revamped. It'll be a slow process, and there will be no automatic re colourings of old pets (but if lots of people want it, I'll offer it as a custom option.). My art has changed so much since I first opened the shop that I can't bear some of lines anymore. But we'll carry on with the lines we have for now, and do that in the background. (It should also make it possible to have a few mutations, which I know people wanted.)

For now, I'm talking to the old staff and seing how they want to progress and talking over the rules/changes that people have asked about. I'd like to get a good couple of flatsales under our belts, and perhaps a round of breeding, before anything else.

I'm glad people want to see more of us :).
Kage x

YourLoveOnly

I am 99,99% certain that nothing is owed other than the stuff from the Christmas thread. There was a what do we owe thread not too long before that and lots of things got cleared then so nothing should have stayed behind :)

Kage Davies

That's perfect, staff report the same thing. I'll put a notice in the next new thread just in case, and then people can come and tell me if they think something is missing :D.

Alright then. I'll see if we can rustle something up for Easter :3.