SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*FCFC* Some small changes

Started by FCFC, March 28, 2013, 04:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FCFC

.:Feline and Canine Fanciers Club:.
http://fcfc.adoptables4.me/index.html

Okay the staff is currently working on a few changes to the website, we are adding a few colours as well as some new white markings

Currently added/changed

Cats:

* What was once called Torbie is now Patched.  It was wrong and confusing everyone.
* Tortie points has been removed, it was just tortoiseshell with Van.
* Calico has been added
* Torbie has been added
* Cap and Saddle has been added
* mask and Mantle has been added
* Lilac has been added
* Dove can be labelled Blue as well

Dog:
* Isabella added
* Silver added

Breeding:
None still figuring out

Kennels/Catteries:
Nothing here still working on agreeing on things
.Feline and Canine Fanciers Club. Owned by Wild & YLO.
Further supported by BlueOrchidWolf & PonyMama {HIATUS}

PonyMama

Oh if you have an questions or even suggestions for colours/markings whatever please feel free to PM the FCFC account or post

please try keep the thread upbeat

Rosedawn

CutieePiee

Great additions! It's always nice to have more options.

TheLeet

While you're changing pattern descriptions, I don't think that the van pattern is actually points - it's more a kind of white marking.
I never said anything since I'm sure my patterns aren't 100% right either and I don't want to be too critical. :)

wikipedia says:
QuoteThe Turkish Van (white and red) is one good example of a bicolor breed. Van pattern is known to animal geneticists as the Seychelles (Seychellois) Pattern and is classified into 3 variants:[1]

Seychellois Neuvieme - white with colored tail and head splashes (classic Van Pattern)
    Seychellois Huitieme - white with colored tail and head splashes plus additional splashes of color on the legs
    Seychellois Septieme - white with splashes of color on the legs and body in addition to those on the head and the colored tail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicolor_cat

I very much like the addition of lilac :D

YourLoveOnly

Van is a white marking on FCFC, which is why we removed Tortie Point, it's a commonly used name for the combo of tortoiseshell pattern + van white marking but it's not a point at all so I think the name is dumb XD it caused a lot of confusion so we've removed it from the pattern examples on the site, but left the description for those who currently have one and are wondering what it is.

TheLeet

Oh yeah, I forgot that it was with the white markings. I suppose the way it's coloured just makes it look like points. ^_^

springacres

Quote from: TheLeet on March 29, 2013, 07:41:42 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot that it was with the white markings. I suppose the way it's coloured just makes it look like points. ^_^
Technically I suppose that's true, but remember that a pointed cat would actually have a cream or off-white body (often with tortie shadings), whereas a van cat has a solid white body with markings only on the head and tail.

Chocolate tortie point: http://www.siamese-cat-breeder.co.uk/images/balinise-cat-colour-gallery/chocolate-tortie-balinese.jpg

Chocolate tortie van: http://loveragdolls.com/portals/0/Gabriella%2001-25-2013e.jpg

YourLoveOnly

Actually as TheLeet quoted 2 of 3 variations of van include color on legs too. I think so far almost all FCFC with Van also have the colored legs, so I can see where the confusion comes from :)

PonyMama

but with FCFC coloured vans, and points

the difference lies in how they are coloured, as the van of FCFC usually has the colour covering the whole head
while points will get only ears and muzzle

springacres

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on March 29, 2013, 11:48:46 AM
Actually as TheLeet quoted 2 of 3 variations of van include color on legs too. I think so far almost all FCFC with Van also have the colored legs, so I can see where the confusion comes from :)
Ah, yeah, totally didn't realize that :P My mistake!

TheLeet

I think it's not just the placement of the markings that's a little confusing to me but also the way it kind of "fades" into white. The other markings seem to be more clearly defined. Why is that?

To me a van pattern cat looks something like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D5on24iKT0A/TaNEl2U_rjI/AAAAAAAABbc/mXavPxS1rf0/s1600/Turkish+Van.jpg but I accept that some variations have less white on them. :)

Also sorry to be awkward about all this and I think it's fine to keep it as it is. It's just a little confusing to me personally so I thought I'd ask about it. <3

PonyMama

I think it mostly depends on the colourist, I know on fluffy cats I prefer markings to blend into the white like hair, we are in the works of defining and working on some variation, so I am sure all of us will take van into more consideration and add the right variety to it to make it work

TheLeet

Looking at the different van FCFC on secundi there seems to be a lot of variety already and a lot of them do look more like my idea of the van pattern. XD
I should have looked at them before now :P