News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Moving adoptables over...

Started by Nyaochan, April 15, 2013, 02:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyaochan

Yeah...so...I'm thinking of moving my adoptables over here (cradle of Rebirth with Fantasy lines, and maybe the horses I commissioned from Boolet awhile back...), since this seems like a pretty laid back place compared to Gaia or PI.  I'm still on the fence though, because things have happened, leaving me feeling like I don't really want to try anymore because I can't please the masses because I'm work a bit on the slower side...BUT...I don't really want to give up doing something I enjoy just because other people aren't happy with the way I work...

So...I don't know...am I going to get my head bitten off here too for working at my own pace, or because I'm not constantly cranking out events and new pets because *gasp* sometimes I really just don't feel like coloring (usually because my depression is kicking my butt and killing my muse...)?

Should I bother?  I'm just looking for someplace where I can keep going and actually have an audience for my work while not stressing myself out...

Wildfilly94

Of course you won't be getting any bitter feelings from any of us if you work slow!
Lots of the adoptables here have been kinda slow, but everyone understands RL happens, and you don't need to dedicate your entire life to Secundi. You can take your time. :)
We always enjoy new adoptables here!

Nyaochan

The adoptables in question:

CoR:

Horses:

Ravvana

Those are stunning!! And yes, I run an adopt here and have been highly inactive between a quarte abroad and general college stuff, and nobody seems to hold it against me :) We're a very relaxed community.

Ryuukokoro

I think Secundi is the perfect place for someone who wants to run an adoptable shop at a slower pace. ^_^ With a wide variety of shops, there's always something going on for people to do while they wait for an event to close.

We have some shops here on Secundi that are very strictly scheduled, like the Quin who have a breeding season every other month, and then we have some shops who are mostly inactive with a few events here and there. And everything in between! I think you would have a lot of fun here.

I especially love those horse lines. Very pretty! And those dolphin puppies are gosh-darn adorable. X3

Kahlira

Do want! Yes please!

And yeah, take your time. Secundi is way more laid back then PI where if it's a minute late you seem to get a year long ban... Ok, I exaggerate a bit. But yeah, they're adorable! The first things. I think I'm in love! I haven't played Gaia in years.

SkySong

I like all the art you have up there! And I can say I agree with the general answer.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Bunraku

Beautiful adoptables! I think you'll have a very easy time here. Secundi is not at all like Gaia or PI. The people of Secundi, I have found, are a very mature, level headed community. Even though I consider Secundi a tightly knit group, we welcome newcomers openly and many people will help you get a head start if needed. I don't think anyone here expects a shop to continuously be active, and we all understand that real life happens. I myself have a large work load for many people on the site, and everyone has shown me kindness and understanding regarding the time frame in which I manage to get things done-which I'm afraid is not very fast (Sorry guys! ><). As long as you communicate with people and don't leave others in the dark, I don't think anyone is going to be upset at all if you need to take a break from you're shop. Really, the people here are wonderful, weather you're running a shop or working for them as an artist/colorist.

Kadana Sorano

What everyone else said..  Also, if you ever need to talk through a bout of Depression, you'll find there are several of us here who know first hand what you're going through and are willing to talk if you need it; or even just listen if you need to vent.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Nyaochan

Haha...I just need people to understand that I have a psychological disorder that likes to steamroll my creative muse (it goes a bit deeper than just the depression, that's just a side effect of said condition), but that doesn't mean I don't, you know, still enjoy coloring...when I'm actually up for it.

Leafy

<- slow working perfectionist head space mess. You aren't the only one and you will not be crucified for it. The community here is awesome and patient and I love them for it. They've been absolutely awesome, because those days where you've spent all your spoons (if you haven't read the spoon theory, you need to) and all you can actually manage to do is stay awake and talk a bit, do happen, and they suuuuuuuuuck.

Pinkshadow

Neocridders

I'm super slow sometimes. I really suck at doing things in a timely manner. I have mild depression. I know it's hard.

But we'd love to see you here and see your beautiful adoptables :)

Winged

Just about everyone here has had times when they work slowly, including me. It's a very understanding community, so that's never a problem :)
I love your art, especially those horses!
Owner of Gliders!

Riverwind

I can't see them right now because the school has them blocked for some reason, but I think you should move them over. :) No one is going to criticize you for moving slowly. I can tell from everyone else's posts that you would have lots of participants and fans. So go ahead and give it a shot! I'm sure you'll like what you find. ^_^

Nyaochan

I'll try to color some for sale over the next few days then.  I had more ambitious things palnned for the horse shop (not that ambitious, but trying something more than just a breedho shop), but I don't think it would actually work without some kind of dice system, so...I dunno.  I'm also bad at being ambitious with shops, and should probably just stick to what I'm good at...coloring pretty things...>.>

I wanted to do, like, armor and stuff for them, but I'd never be able to match that inking style...>.>

Wildfilly94

We have a dice rolling system here. ^^

when you type up a post, look under change color and theres a little die there. You click that and type the amount of die and the sides.
Ex: 1d20 (I die, 20 sides)

So itll look like this:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

Nyaochan

Ooo...well, maybe I can find some way to do jousts with the warhorses after all...I'd probably need help though.  I'm not too creative when it comes to these things...

Daimas

Super slow here too. :P Currently at a dead stop till i get a new pen. everyone here understands^^

Riverwind

Lol and I am being slow, as well...getting new lines so I haven't been able to do much with the Masayo. But I am making a few premades and stuff, while I wait. ^_^

Nyaochan

Ok...going to start trying to color up some things...my muse is still being meh.  I don't think I'm going to stick to 100% naturals on the horses, because I'm not that confident...

Pega

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Nyaochan on May 01, 2013, 04:01:34 PM
I don't think I'm going to stick to 100% naturals on the horses, because I'm not that confident...

You could do all natural horse markings, but fantasy colors! ^_^ Like I'd love to see a horse with blue dun, or a green horse with paint markings. <3

Nyaochan

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on May 02, 2013, 09:08:20 AM
Quote from: Nyaochan on May 01, 2013, 04:01:34 PM
I don't think I'm going to stick to 100% naturals on the horses, because I'm not that confident...

You could do all natural horse markings, but fantasy colors! ^_^ Like I'd love to see a horse with blue dun, or a green horse with paint markings. <3

Well, I am going to try to keep the markings at least semi-natural...stripes, leopardish spots, and stuff...but I'll prob do a mix of naturals and fantasy colorings~

Basically whatever strikes my fancy at the time as far as premades go...