News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Quin Breeding; Sooty Buckskin ??

Started by Pinkshadow, May 14, 2013, 04:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkshadow

Hey guys :)

I'd loove to have a mini girl that is Sooty Buckskin Leopard Appaloosa, but i'm not all sure about how i breed sooty buckskin, anyone that could help maybe?

Winged

This page shows the genetics for Quinsta, that might help you with breeding plans in the future :)
http://stable.lasolistia.com/genetics.html

Sooty Buskskin is a brown base with a single cream gene. To breed one, your best option is a perlino with a brown quin (guarentees single cream gene), two sooty buckskin quin (can give double cream, one cream or no cream) or a sooty buckskin with a brown quin (again gives double cream, one cream or no cream).
If you want, i can let you know what your chance is of sooty buckskin if you find a pair or some options you're looking at for the mare and stallion.
And then you would want the appaloosa gene, with the recessive for leopard. This can be achieved by breeding one or both with leopard appaloosa, or possibly from blanket appaloosa.
Owner of Gliders!

Pinkshadow

i dont really understand genetics :/

Winged

Well that's why i gave the description of what to pair below the link... I'm not really sure how else to word that, you don't need to understand genetics just search sooty buckskin/brown/ect to find quin with that coat.
Owner of Gliders!

Ravvana

Winged's advice is right, but if you want a specific pair, I'd suggest breeding your Lizzie with PM's Namdi (http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=558690). That is brown leopard x perlino as Winged suggested. You will have a 50% chance of getting appaloosa (from Lizzie), a 100% chance of getting single cream, and a decent shot of getting brown (the "sooty") since Lizzie is brown. It might take a few seasons to achieve the result you want, and there are *many* other pairs out there that will also be good if you want to try more than once per season.

Pinkshadow

Okay i think i know what you guys mean, i'll try to find matching pairs :)