News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Flight Rising - anyone else here play it?

Started by SkySong, August 20, 2013, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember

Hmm, I may throw them up on the AH in the mean time but if they're still with me you're more than welcome to them Sky. :)

Rosedawn

I'm hoping to save up to buy some gems for some shimmer and iridescent scrolls for the first baby I created.

Rosedawn

Hey Winged!!

I just realized a dragon I would like to try and breed, however I'm the wrong flight to get the eye color right. If I find the parents would you be willing to try for me? I'd be happy for you to use the rest of the litter for exalt fodder/ sell at your discretion or perhaps pay you in some other way?

The idea just sorta came to me and I'd love to try. It's gonna take hunting for some fairly specific parents though.

<3

Or if you'd like to swap nests I'd be happy to breed one for you and get you some blue eyed babies from the water flight <3

Winged

Sure no problem Rose I'd be happy to lend you a nest at some point. Will have a look through my dragons and see if there's any I'd like on a water next. There's one pair I have in mind but they won't be for a while.
Owner of Gliders!

BabyKittenCandy

So, here is a question, what do you guys 'do' on FR? Im still getting to grips with it all and trying to work out stuff, including if I picked the right Flight.. that one is a puzzler!

I picked arcane, cos it sounded a bit like me but it seems pretty quiet in the forums even though its a bigger flight and it always seems to be bottom of the Dominance thingy.. but I do wonder if its just a case of 'the grass is always greener'.

I love the eye colours in other flights and hate being restricted to one (unless you borrow/rent a nest) and im not good at planning pairs to breed etc >.<

I also have no time really atm to make treasure, which Im finding frustrating

Thoughts?

Winged

I'm don't really have any plans or something that i 'do' either xD I'm trying to get a few good breeding pairs, so working on that on and off trying to save up for scrolls to change genes and the like.

For the flight issue, i'm not really sure. I've always liked wind flight, and i love the eye colour. We have fairly good forums, varies how much activity there is and i've never really got into the more chatty threads but i've started to get involved in dominance pushes with a big team system which i find fun (though the last two have been really bad timing for me unfortunetely). We're often at the bottom of the dominance and find it really hard to win, i think because we're the biggest flight which gives us a disadvantage if a smaller proportion of the flight is trying to get dominance. Haven't looked at changing flight myself.
I'd be happy to lend a nest out to any of you guys at some time, just message me :) Pale green eyes are gorgeous.

My time varies for how much treasure i can make, but i'm happy to just let the site be dormant to me when i'm busy, then play when i'm at college.
Don't really have any tips on making a direction... depends what you want out of it i guess. I still don't understand how some people are so successful at the game, unless it's by pumping their money into buying gems.
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

Hmm... FR I started out trying to get breeding pairs, but my focus now is really just helping with Dominance. It's fun, it gets me treasure, and it doesn't constantly take up time. (Some days I can spend just a few minutes making sure my daily stuff is done, others I can spend hours.)

The possibility of changing flights is still there for me, but for now I'm content with Plague.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Ember

I mostly just use FR to waste excess time, if I have it. I've never been very good at the whole forum-based site thing so I mostly ignore the forums in general and just do my own thing. This also includes most flight related activity. I like the eye colour well enough and I picked fire because it suits me, but otherwise I mostly don't even bother checking my flight board.

Right now I just collect pretty dragons and save up for scrolls and the like. The games, more specifically Tidal Trouble, are easy and I often play that particular one while watching tv.

Rosedawn

I'm in the same boat add everyone else.  I user it as a time water and really so long add I am halt with my hoard of dragons so cats if I'm constantly broke?

I was Arcane decided I didn't line the eye color (if I'd realized I souks have never gone arcane) and switched to water.  It's a small flight people seem nice.

Midnight Phantom

We have a flight board? >.> oops.. Heh ::goes back to battling anyways:: ^.^

Rosedawn

Winged!! I finally found my maleificent pair and they can breed in 9 days!!!

I just hope I get it on the first try O.O Though I will be more than happy to trade nests with you as many times as necessary and as you are willing to get my girl <3 <3

Winged

Sounds good Rose! I'll try and have a nest open at around that time for you :) I might struggle on space though, so will have to swap two of my dragons for your pair.
And i have a pair that will be ready to breed for the first time in 17 days, and since they're both water flight i think they'd be nice on a water nest. We can sort out future payment as necessary, i'm not that bothered about huge payment for the nest though.
Owner of Gliders!

Rosedawn

Ok Winged sent them on over! Feel free to send over any you need me to hold! Thank you agaiN!

Ember

Hey folks. In light of Fire winning dominance (and congrats to Plague for a fantastic battle!), if any of you want the dom discount for AH items just let me know and I'll get 'em for you (yes, even that new Ripple gene if I can catch it in there).

Winged

Thanks Ember :) I'm saving for gem items at the moment, but will let you know if there's anything I'm looking for.
Owner of Gliders!

Rosedawn

Ember if you catch a ripple gene that'd be awesome.

Rosedawn

I'm so excited!! Winged did me a favor of breeding my babies and on the first go she got the perfect offspring!!

Maleficent liiiives!!!!

X/X/Y just how I wanted...obsidian...just how I wanted. And I wanted royal or purple underbelly and she has royal! And she could have been the wrong gender or ended up with Iri or Shimmer (which I would have accepted) or ended up with gembound but she got EVERYTHING I WANTED!

SkySong

Congrats, Rose! I can totally see Maleficent in her. In time for the new movie, too!!

BabyKittenCandy

Rosedawn

Thanks guys!! Now I just have to decide when she is grown if I want to go with black, green, or purple bird apparel.

Also. EMBER!! Would you buy me a scroll of renaming please? Figure every little bit of treasure I can save helps right?

Ember

And bought, Rosedawn! No luck on the Ripple though.

Rosedawn

No worries feel free to stop looking...I sorta spent all my gold >.>

Of course now that I've spent my money there is a ripple in the market.

red_uni387

Would anyone be interested in taking this guy home? I just never really clicked with him and have no idea on pricing, so figured if one of you guys want him, it all works out :)

Lectral

Ooooo, he's pretty!  I have a soft spot for Faes >.>

Rosedawn

Been farming chests for 4 hours. 4. Hours.

No chests.

Shoot me in the face and put me out of my misery.

red_uni387

He's waiting for you at the Crossroads, Lectral :D

*hugs Rose* that just means at some point you'll get super lucky to make up for this <3

sera

Rose, i sent you Lantern skin.  What else did you want? <33

Winged

Already asked this on the skype chat but since not everyone's on it i'll ask again xD

Is there anyone who can hold a few dragons for me? Wind's doing a doimance push next week and i need space, so if there's anyone who can hold any number of dragons for me till sunday that would be fantastic. I can offer treasure though i am a little short at the moment so depending on how many spaces and what price you'd like i may ask to pay you after i've started exalting.

I'm also wondering if anyone would be interested in Glider for FR levelled dragons trades? Run the same way as sera and sky's recent threads. Not sure how many Glider fans are on FB xD
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

If there's anyone who's wanting to get on flight rising, they've anounced a regstration window on June 3rd to June 4th :)
Owner of Gliders!

red_uni387

Winged, how many spaces do you need? I can hold up to 5 for you :)

Laviee

YES GOOD. Registration, finally. I'm going to mark my calender, lol.

Winged

Runi, I need as many as possible, so 5 is fantastic! What would you like in payment?

Yay Lav! And if you need any pretty dragons, treasure or stuff to get started... *cough trade for lutes cough*
Owner of Gliders!

red_uni387

No payment necessary, unless you would like to explain how breeding (specifically the color mixing) works ^^

Winged

Thank you! You're Runi, yes?
Hmm, well tonight i'm revising super hard for an exam tomorrow (started revising properly this morning...) but after my exam i'll have a think about how to word it and get some links for you xD
Owner of Gliders!

red_uni387

Yup! And take your time, I still need to find dragons to breed xD
Good luck on your exam as well! <3

SkySong

I have... 39 right now, but have 5 eggs within the next 3 days. So I think I can hold up to 39 for you and send them back Sunday? (Massive layer makes me feel mighty powerful *evil laugh*)

Winged

Wow, 39 is a lot! I don't even have that many i think, though the group will... How about i send 5 to you tonight, then sort stuff out tomorrow and see if i need more space? Exam tomorrow, i should be studying xD
What would you like in return?
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

Sure! Hmmm.... If you have time, just color me up a pretty Glider. :3 It's not long, and I won't be using the space, so it's not too much of a problem.

Winged

Great! Will let you know when i've got others to send, i'm working in a big group so i'll let people know they can send me dragons.
And i'll definately colour you up a Glider, probably have time at the weekend, or if not i'll have loads of time after tuesday next week because i'm pretty much finished at college then.
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

That's fine! Just make sure they aren't staying too long.
And great! School is ending same time for me so hopefully I can spend more time coloring and whatnot.

Winged

Course, i'll be able to take all dragons back on sunday (unless i have a computer emergency) when we start exalting. Remind me what your FR name is again?
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

Sorry! Recently changed it to WithoutPurpose. SkySong was already taken. XD

Winged

Sent 5 dragons, thanks! I'll let you know if i need you to hold any more :)
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

Yup! Oh, before I forget. Do you want to use your ST points for the dragons you sent a couple weeks ago?

Winged

I keep remembering to come and sort that out and then forget again before i get round to it :/ Sorry. Just about to get off the computer (bad Winged) and study a bit before getting an early night but i'll remember to come and use the points after my exam tomorrow and if i don't please poke me then if you remember xD
Owner of Gliders!

Ember

Anyone want to buy this cute little boy?

SkySong

Sure thing, Winged!

I'm not really a color breeder, Ember, otherwise I would. Really dragons are for exalting or training for exalting at this point, for me anyways. XD And I don't think you'll have too much of a problem - it does take a little while for them to sell sometimes.

Lectral

Oh, that is a handome boy, Ember!  How much are you asking for him?

Ember

I have him up in the AH for 12k, but I'll take most offers.

Winged

Sky if i could send 4 hatchlings for you to hold that would be awesome :) I've send the CR, if you can't accept them no bother.
Owner of Gliders!