News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

~Little Chimaera~ What to do now

Started by SkySong, September 27, 2013, 04:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

Soooo.... I know this adopt has fell into decadence since the lovely days when Kage first ran it, and as such it's lost a bit of interest. Heck, we haven't even gotten the spring event wrapped up. I'm terribly sorry for my part in this, and my main project outside of school is taking care of wrapping that up.

My first impulse is to go into a whole list of things I'd love to do right now, but I'm stopping and looking around at all of you. Are you guys interested in LC still? If it ended up being just me running this adopt, would you all be ok with it? What direction would you like to see us go in/what would you like to see from us? Have any concerns you would like cleared up before you decide anything?

I sent Aralie and Nilla a PM a couple days ago, but neither of them have been online in several months. It's looking like it will be just me mostly if you guys still want LC.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Ryuukokoro

I will admit I never got very much into LC because it seemed like it was having some trouble floating around between different shop runners. It was hard to keep track of who was doing what events, and who to contact if I had an issue or a question, and how the rules would change depending on who was hosting the event. I think this is what really turned off the LC followers, that they got confused with all the little details and delays.

I would like to see LC still survive, but I think it needs a big overhaul. Which I think could definitely be done! ^_^

What I think needs to happen to make LC successful:

1.) Make up all the things that are owed to people from before. I'm still owed semi-customs from the last gift-giving event (which I think was Christmas?). I understand it's not your fault if there are things owed to people that were the responsibility of other event runners. Maybe you could do a CYO event for people who were owed things? That way you don't have to do all the work yourself.

2.) Decide on one clear set of rules for the shop, and every future event runner has to follow them. It's too confusing to have one person set up an event where breeding is done one way, and then a different event runner does breedings completely different, for example.

3.) Consistency. This adoptable has unfortunately been one of the least consistent I have ever seen. The sizes of the images are constantly changing. I have three different Fen Cats that are all different sizes:

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=503293
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=503295
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=548887

And sometimes events aren't consistent, like I've seen sometimes one gender or breed is considered rare and barely ever awarded in events, while other times an event runner will hand out a rare gender/breed as often as all the others. That's very confusing for the followers of a shop if things are constantly changing, so I think consistency is the key thing that this adoptable really needs.

I applaud you for trying to clean things up and run the shop the right way, SkySong! ^_^ I'm sure everyone will be patient while you sort through things, and if you need any help, you can just ask! :)

Edit: Also would like to add this is just my personal opinion on the subject, and I'm sure others will have their own thoughts that are different. ^_^

SkySong

Thank you very much for your input, Ryuu! I completely understand and agree with all of your points there, and feel just a bit disappointed that this shop  flip-flopped so much. Since it looks like the other two who colored aren't going to pop in anytime soon, there should be a bit of consistency with just me.

I didn't realize that anything was owed from last Christmas - if anyone has anything owed not in the last thread, post or PM me with details at your earliest convenience. Getting everything caught up will happen whether people are interested in future events or not, but I can't do something I didn't know about in the first part.

The size differences is a clumsy mistake on the shop's part. The files everyone colored were extremely large - you had to scale it down each time you colored. There were official dimensions, but obviously there were problems with scaling everything. Soon after I got the files I scaled the actual templates down so there will be no more of that nonsense.

The rarity was part of the role-play aspect that was lost when Kage first left, and so any participation in it has been hesitant. I'm completely flexible on whether the rarity aspect gets reinstated or not, it's really up to you guys.

Wildfilly94

I agree with everything Ryuu stated.
I am also owed a thing or two from a long while back which I will pm to you within the next few days, whenever I have computer time

SkySong

Thank you, Wild! I will try to get them done as soon as possible.

TheLeet

Ryuu has pretty much already said everything that needed to be said. I just wanted to say that I'm still interested in LC. The art is really beautiful but I never really got into it either. Consistency is really important to me and LC was kind of all over the place.

...and if it turns out to just be you running it all, I certainly wouldn't mind at all. I love adoptables that have one person in charge. I know not as much gets done that way but it's probably the easiest way to ensure that everything is done in a consistent manner. :)

I believe I'm also being owed some sort of Christmas customs but I have long since deleted the relevant pms and I'm not even sure if I'm not just imagining it so I'll just let that go. ;)

SkySong

Thank you for your input, Leet! If it was between you and the LC account I can check and see if they are deleted there, but if it was between you and Aralie then I can't really help you. If you have a general idea of what you were owed you can PM me forms and I'll work on them.

Rosedawn

I say if its something you want then go for it love!

And as a side note I DO enjoy rarity, as long as it is consistent rarity, even without RP reasons. Sometimes its nice to have that little bit of awesome bragging and have something people will covet ya know?

On an aside has anyone heard from Aralie? She's been MIA awhile.

Winged

I would like to see LC again too! Always liked the lines and the events :) I'd agree that the only problem i had with the adoptable was consistency. I also found there was large gaps between huge events that take a long time, rather than small events which may be more manageable? That's a small point though.
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

Thank you, Rose and Winged. :) Every bit of opinion helps. I believe I will try to implement some sort of rarity, since I can definitely agree with your opinion there. I will also see what I can do about having more frequent events, since I don't like the big gaps myself.

I have not yet heard from Aralie, but am still keeping an eye out for her.

Bunraku

I'm still very interested in the LC, they are one of the first adoptables that really caught my eye when I first came to secundi because I love the dog like breeds, and the general look and feel of the adoptable. Also, I really love your coloring on the lines!

I have some things from christmas owed and I think something from a trade between us? but other than that I don't think anything else is owed to me. Should I send you the forms for the christmas stuff? ^^

SkySong

Send any forms you still have to send and I will add them to my list. I will look back through my PMs to see if we have anything in there. It feels like there was some sort of trade, but I'm not remembering it so I will go hunt it down. As always, thank you for your opinion!

YourLoveOnly

I have heard from Aralie around August if I recall correctly, she can be reached through facebook PMs if you need to grab a hold of her :) She's been very very busy, but I know she's been wanting to come back!

I also ordered Christmas things that weren't delivered yet, and from what I recall I got gifted things as well that didn't arrive yet.

SkySong

It seems that enough people are missing things from the Christmas event that I'll have to go through it and try to sort things out. I have a couple rl events I have to do and some homework I haven't completely caught up on, but I'll do my best to work on this.

SkySong

Ok! I have sorted out the Christmas thread as best I could. It looks like the Secret Santa event was all colored, but the others not so much.

Gift Giving:

I am fairly positive Aralie never got around to coloring any of these. I've gone through the PMs and found a bunch of forms, which I will work on until they are all done. However, I didn't see responses from these people:

Luv 2 semi-customs
Luv 2 full-customs
YLO 2 full-customs
Roo 2 semi-customs
Goddesss 2 semi-customs
CutieePiee 2 semi-customs
Crys 2 semi-customs
bugranh 2 semi-customs
BKC 2 semi-customs
springacres 2 semi-customs
Solistia 2 semi-customs

After I get done with my current load I will send pms again to these people asking if they want something done, but of course if you are on this list you may send the forms in before then.

A few of you decided to have vouchers instead of customs. I really don't have any way of checking if they were handed out, but I'm going to have to assume she did for now. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Also, Wildfilly - you had a couple premades due but I don't know if she colored them or not. If you could just verify whether they were handed out or not that'd be great!

And finally, the Birthday customs. A few of you sent pms and your birthday has already passed. Do you want me to color something up for you? If you don't remember whether you sent me a PM or not, I can check.

Again, I apologize for the severe lateness of all of this. You should not have to wait almost a year for something like this.

Winged

Great to see you sorting that out now Sky :)
I can't remember if i was owed anything from then, so if i am it'll be a nice surprise. I can't remember about the birthday thing, so let me know if i sent one.
Owner of Gliders!

Little Chimaera

Winged - you did send in three semi-custom forms, so those will arrive at some point (Hopefully before Christmas. Lol.) However, I do not see a PM from you for your birthday.
Little Chimaera shop account. Accessible by all of our staff.

Kage posts in blue
NillaBean posts in purple
Aralie posts in red
SkySong posts in teal

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Little Chimaera

You did send a PM with your birth date last year so if you want to send in another form you may.

Here's the form so I don't have to go dig it out later.

Name:
Owner:
Breed: (No festival mice or feys)
Eye Colour:
Teeth Colour: (Grim only)
Marking One: (add as needed)
Marking One Colour: (add as needed)
Line edit:
References:

And with that, I'll say goodnight. Thank you everyone for your patience and support so far!

Kage posts in blue
Aralie posts in red
SkySong posts in teal

Lectral

I was gifted two semi-customs at Christmas time and sent in the forms, but have only received one of them.  As I am not on your list there, I am guessing you might have the form for the other still?

SkySong

Yes! I have forms from Bun, Saturn, Winged, Ryuu, Rosedawn, Rav, PM, Pink, Mutt, Midnight, Lectral, Country, Sunny, Silv, and Leet.

I checked a few and they did not have pets so I assumed that none of them had been done, but since you report that one has been, I will check them as I color so I don't end up doing doubles.

Bunraku

I can't recall if I sent a form for the birthday thing, let me know! I know I sent the date though

Little Chimaera

You did not send a form in for your last birthday so go ahead!

To clarify on the birthday forms - Aralie allowed one in thread for the birthday you had previously (or something like that) and I believed she planned on letting you send in another form on your birthday. So those who sent a message with their birthday get an LC regardless if they posted in the thread or not.

Kage posts in blue
Aralie posts in red
SkySong posts in teal

Arty

I agree on the consistency, and I showed you a link in the last thread where a few unfinished chinaera forms are posted, let me know if you'd like the link again or I could work on them if I got the lines :)

SkySong

I did see it, Art, but from a quick glance not only were they from at least two years ago, but the members aren't here, where my focus is.

Speaking of lines, I have another question for all of you. Art has volunteered to help color, and I'm debating it. (It would help me catch up faster, which means I will be able to start doing new things sooner!) However, as consistency is the most stressed factor right now, I would like to ask the people interested in this shop.

Would you like Art to help?

If you don't want to decide right away, I can also send her the lines so she can color the ones on the link she posted above and you guys can judge from there. (You may also, of course, PM me if you don't feel like posting it. I will take the general consensus in my final choice.)

PS - Nilla got back to me and it looks like she is too busy to color.

Arty

Alaskantailoyr is my sister and she was ordering the one that's there for me and he already has a couple kids I think

Edit: and I wouldn't mind being told no but I've wanted to be a colorist for these since I first saw them 2+ years ago. I was told yes once then Kage got too busy to send me the lines then I was told maybe and Aralie poofed O.o

Rosedawn

I think so long as you make the decisions and you stick to them having other colorists shouldn't be an issue.

SkySong

Thanks, Rose. I'm honestly very cautious about this whole thing since it feels like it could blow up in my face, but every bit of encouragement helps!

TheLeet

I think different colourists are only an issue if there are huge differences in quality. I haven't seen any of Art's colouring so it's hard for me to judge. :)
So yeah, obviously it's not up to me to decide for you but I'd love to see some colouring examples. ^^

Riverwind

Examples would be great. :)

Also, I think the only reason you would have a consistency problem when you add more colorists would be because you weren't very organized. Everyone would have to be kept updated on what was already being colored. And they would need their own separate jobs--so you wouldn't have like, 3 different people working on one thing, 'cause then they would get confused and there would be more LC colored than needed or something. Personally I like the idea of more than one person coloring, and a lot of agencies around here do that (I think). It brings more variety to what is being colored, and allows the owner of the adopt/agency to not have so much work to do. ^.^

Rosedawn

See sky? The other thing I think is that where rarity is concerned you need to make they decision and then have all of your colorists sick to it.

Arty

I'm okay with all that, and I'll see what I can come up with for examples ^-^

SkySong

Definitely agree on the rarity, Rose. I'm thinking of expounding on the rarity from originally having the Grim more rare.. (Think chances of pokemon in wild grass sorta thing.)

I will be sending the files to Art so she can work on that stuff and post it here for examples.

As always, thank you all very much for your input!

Saturnalia

For the custom I won in that other thread, should I post it here or PM the form? :)

SkySong

Up to you! It will be the next thing I'll work on.

And as an update for the curious since I haven't been posting new LC the last couple days, I've started to work on the Christmas thread. I'm starting with the most complicated stuff first, then going down to the semi-customs. If you have something else on top of semi-customs, don't be worried if that gets uploaded while your semi-customs aren't done yet. I will get to all of the forms eventually, my goal is before the end of the month.

As always, thank you all very much for your understanding, patience, and input! Y'all make this worthwhile.

Wildfilly94

So the only things I know given to me for Christmas were gifts given to me from other usrs. Other premades or anything,I have not received.

I'll pm that birthday form to you

SkySong

Thank you, Wild! I will color them when I get around to it. (Should be sometime this weekend if my homework doesn't take long.)

YourLoveOnly

Did you try contacting Aralie through Facebook yet? Just in case some of them are done and just not yet imported, it could save you a lot of time!

Also I'm pretty sure I was on the bday list but not 100% certain.

Little Chimaera

I unfortunately do not see you in the messages, YLO. Perhaps you meant to but never got around to it?

I will see if I can find her on Facebook. I haven't gotten on in a while, but if it's a better means of communicating with her, I'll give it a try.

Kage posts in blue
Aralie posts in red
SkySong posts in teal

Saturnalia

Little Chimaera

Kage posts in blue
Aralie posts in red
SkySong posts in teal

Arty

I didn't poof, I'm just looking into getting a new tablet in the coming week or two >.>

I have one custom done, two are partials, one almost done and I have the tiger mimic about half done, I just have to finish up the stripes on the body >.<

SkySong

Thanks for the update, Art!

I myself have been swamped with school, which is why things have been going slightly slower than usual.

Arty

I'm glad I finally graduated for that reason XD

And I felt you'd think I'd poofed with your files if I didn't post until I got them all done :)

Little Chimaera

Ok! It has been a little over 6 weeks since I started this, but as of tonight, I am finally done coloring all the forms I have! I'm going to go and see if I can figure out whether the vouchers were handed out or not, as well as resend messages to those who I didn't get forms from. Thank you all for being lovely, amazing, patient people while I got through the list.

I will say right now that outside of participating in Sunny's Christmas event, the LC are most likely not going to be running an actual event for the upcoming holidays. There is simply too much I feel I need to get done before I can comfortably open another set of games.

The things I'm looking to get done are as follows:

• Color growth images for flaffle pets - there are some from Nilla and Aralie where I don't have the adult images for and I apologize if you have one of these pets. I will color adolescent/adult images for them and they will grow normally.
  • Find a way to upload all the LC - I will be going through the old threads and checking, but I do know that some events were ran off Secundi. If you have any Chims from these events, feel free to PM the LC account or mine with images and I will upload them!
  • Redo the custom tickets - I don't like the current forms for them, and so they will be getting an overhaul. A thread will be made in the General Booths announcing the new forms for each ticket, as well as giving everyone an opportunity to turn those tickets in before the new forms take effect.
  • Make new breeding + growth guidelines - There was a problem with this previously, and the guidelines sent to me when I first joined are very confusing and not the best for producing pretty babies. I will also be defining more clearly what the breeding potions do.
  • Adding rarity back to the LC - I will be assigning rarities to the LC again, as well as adding a season where they are more/less likely to be handed out. (As in Grims only found during Halloween and have a 1:18 ratio or something)
  • Update the agency ids - this is relatively small, but I will simply be rechecking and making sure they match up to the system ids
  • Adding images and rp blurbs to the breeds page

If anyone has any other ideas, please, please, please tell me! Even if they are little, minor things! I want to know what you guys want~ <3

Edit: The tickets weren't handed out previously, but everyone who asked for vouchers now have the tickets in their inventory. I also sent out messages to those who haven't given me replies.

Kage posts in blue
Aralie posts in red
SkySong posts in teal