News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*~Gryphs~* Please read if you remember these...

Started by Arty, October 19, 2013, 06:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arty

I know that I started these a while back but my friend thought that I had made her boyfriend cheat on her with me and she knew the password to my computer and my photobucket accounts. She deleted all the art I had and killed my PB accounts. As a result I had to redownload the PSD files I had sent to me by Gehmnis (now called Lonely Comet) and I have to start back over from scratch. I don't know how well this is going to work out but I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten these, I just have a lot on my plate at the moment (like trying to purchase a new tablet and processing a new overnight job)

To make up for all the files that were lost as I don't think we got very far before the mass deletion by my "friend" and the abandoning by me (losing that much art/progress really hits me hard and I just have to curl into a ball and recover) I'm going to have a CYO event so that you guys can play around with colors and whatnot and have exactly what you want.

For either set:
Please use a program that supports layers
Do NOT use black, use 010|010|010 or something lighter
And save the file(s) as a PNG.

For Transparent:
After you save the lines, make a new layer and place it below the lines. Be sure to COLOR ON THAT LAYER.

For White Background:
Make a layer above the lines and change the layer blending style from Normal to Multiply. be sure to COLOR ON THAT LAYER.

Baby Lines:

Adult Lines:

PLEASE NOTE: If you color the baby lines, it will be a perma-baby and you won't be able to breed it when the time comes unless I make an item to allow perma-baby breeding.
ALSO I will be doing touch ups as I see needed to maintain an HQ status for these adoptables.

Form to post with you completed coloring(s)
Name:
The patterns you've drawn on it:
Image:

You also may ask someone to color these for you and you may color/have colored as many as you want.

SkySong

Could you per chance give me a white background for the adult? I use SAI, and whenever it has transparency, it translates to black. So all I get is a block of black.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Arty

SkySong

Thank you!

Also, I'm assuming we are limited to just one?

Arty

No, as many as you want, I just want to make up for the poofing and this seemed like a good way to do it :)

SkySong

Awesome! Thank you. <3 I will fill forms out as I color, then.

Arty

red_uni387

*hugs* people like that are just terrible :(

glad to see you're not discouraged from starting these back up, though! I really love the art <3

Arty

Thanks, I also found the originals for the cat fish which I may get retemplated by the original artist when I have the money :)

Riverwind

Aww I'm so sorry that your friend didn't trust you, Art! It's so mean...for a person to go and do something like that...

These are gorgeous, by the way, and I will definitely be coloring a few! ^.^

Arty

oh, and in case you don't remember what the templating on this looked like, here's the example I used to use;

Riverwind

Ah, that helps. :) One question: is the necklace/collar thing around that one's neck templated or was it a line edit or something? Because if it's templated it would go perfectly with my character. ^.^

Arty

Just tell me what item you want and put little circles in the area around the gryph so that I know what color to make it :)

ETA: Please make a circle with the eye color you want in the empty area around the gryph so that I can erase it when I cert your gryph

Riverwind

Rosewood

Quick question Art...I know you said we can have someone else color them for us, but, could we color some as a gift to someone? I think that would be the same thing almost, but wanted to be sure first.

Arty

Riverwind

Oh! Is there an end date? I was working on mine last night for several hours, and my sleep-deprived brain didn't remind me to save intermittently. The next thing I know, my art program just up and disappears and I've lost at least 2 hours' worth of coloring and effort. *face-palm* I was almost done, too! :(

So I was just wondering if there is an end date and when that is so I know how much time I have left to start over... :)

Arty

I'll probably leave this open for about a month, so you have plenty of time :)

SkySong

Name: Clue
Owner: SkySong
The patterns you've drawn on it: Stripes? There are a few fades on the wing and on the tail.
Image:

I colored the eyes before you said to do the circle, so I gave both. Let me know if you need the uncolored lines and I will edit that one in instead of this one.

Rosewood

Sky. That is amazing. I want. XD *makes grabby hands* Mine doesn't look that good......

Winged

Art, is there any items templated for the baby lines?
Owner of Gliders!

Arty

Winged

Here's my first two :)

Name: Becca
Owner: Winged
The patterns you've drawn on it: Belly, irregular blaze and Mstripes on tail. I'd like the tail wrap item please, in the two blues next to the tail if possible.
Image:

Name: Little One
Owner: Winged
The patterns you've drawn on it: Belly, Fade, Fade on the head, markings on back and tally on neck.
Image: [

Let me know if there's any errors :)
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

If anyone wants to color for me please shoot me a PM! There's a ton of characters I have so any amount is very helpful as I don't have access to a laptop/computer with coloring software.

Winged

I'm willing to colour for anyone who can't colour themselves. I'll do one or two fairly simple once for free, but if you're wanting a really complicated one or lots then we can work out some sort of trade :)
Examples of my colouring include just about all the Gliders out there, and some okibi. Here's a few links:
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/Winged0/Coloured%20stuff/LittleOnecopy.png
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/Winged0/Coloured%20stuff/Duffcopy-1.png
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=563004
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=563151
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=562535

If you're interested, just send me a pm with details.
Owner of Gliders!

Arty

I'll update everything on Friday cause that's my day off :)

Riverwind

Thank you Winged for coloring mine! <3

Name: Clover
Owner: Riverwind
The patterns you've drawn on it: Red merle, White belly, stockings, and face (she is a mimic of an Australian Shepherd, if that is better than my description...)
Image:

I was going to get the necklace item but decided not to... :)

Arty

Okay, took a couple days longer than I thought to get my hands on a laptop >.<

Here are your templated and certed gryphs :)
SkySong

Winged

Riverwind

SkySong

Ooh, I love how Clue's markings look shaded. I think the background looks awesome, but it may also be a bit much.

I'll definitely have to do more of these when school lets up just a little.

Winged

I love mine, especially Little One. The shading looks really good on them! I'd agree with Sky on the background.
Owner of Gliders!

Arty

Okay, I'll see about making a simpler one when I have time and a tablet :)

SkySong

Ok! I think if you just took down the saturation and maybe made it smaller it would work just fine! Perhaps add an oval border around the cert info and shrink the pattern to just cover the oval? I think that would help a lot in making it look a lot more like a cert and less like something to focus on.