News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Does Secundi want an orchard?! (Please vote, everyone!!)

Started by Riverwind, November 16, 2013, 10:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverwind

Okay so awhile back, I drew these and posted them in the art booths, looking for someone to template them for me. But I didn't have USD to spare to pay them. Well, I decided I ought to at least TRY shading them myself, since I was most likely never going to have enough USD to pay someone else to do it. Here are the results! I think I did a pretty good job, considering how it was my first time.

Anyway, I really need to know, BEFORE I try to start these up, if there will be enough people interested to keep them going. I know everyone is used to either some type of human or animal incorporated in adopts, but I thought this might be a nice change...plus plants are about the only thing I can draw that doesn't come out looking like poo. XD So, please take a moment to vote on the poll above, and let me know what you think. :)

Riverwind

Figment

Riverwind

Winged

I've voted no, since I don't think I would follow them for very long. The art is lovely and for that reason I might collect a few, but I'm afraid i don't really like the idea of a plant based adopt. One of the things I like doing with adopts is getting my characters as customs and I couldn't do that with plants. But I wish you luck :)
Owner of Gliders!

Wildfilly94

They are adorable, however I also may only collect a few and then stop there. What would get me into the adoptive would be maybe different flower types and such. Something I could se how encorporate into a character. But just plain trufulas probably won't keep me engaged enough. :/

With that said, I did vote yes, because is love to see a plant type adoptable but maybe not this one

Pinkshadow

Voted no, because i think i would easily loose interest, maybe if it devoloped with butterflies or birds or something, maybe just flowers i think it could be great. But if it is only these i dont see me keeping interest that long.

BUT . Great job on shading and the art itself (:

Riverwind

Thank you for all the feedback, everyone!

I do plan on drawing more lines, but I didn't want to draw them before I knew if they would last on here. Maybe eventually they will have more than just plants, but until then I would have to either practice drawing animals, or find some way to come up with money to pay someone else to draw them. These were really not meant to be based off of The Lorax, though, which is one of the reasons I need to draw more lines. Oh! And I did plan on drawing flowers, but they would probably be a different breed/species (so, not something to go WITH each individual tree...)

Just out of curiosity...if I were to be able to draw some sort of small animal to go with them, what would you all like? I like Pink's idea for butterflies or birds, but what would you all like?

Rosewood

Some insects, like, ladybugs, butterflies, grasshoppers, dragonflies, ect....small birds would be nice. I Also think that maybe a few different simple flower lines to add to the trees would be nice, but not necessary if you plan to add more breeds/species that flower. I also voted yes. ^_^

Pinkshadow

Yeah Insects could be awesome.

They could sit on the three/flowers .

I could see them being awesome adopt with threes and some Insects and butterflies and such :D

Rosewood

Oh, bees!! If you have flowering plants, most insects, like bees and butterflies help with fertilization of the plants to make more. So, cross breeding different plants, like, say, the tree up there, with, a Lilly pad flower, might produce some interesting things. Now im getting my memory back from 9th grade bio when we did plant genes and such. XD

Riverwind

Lol thanks for the ideas, guys. :) I will try to draw some insects later, and may also try my hand at some small birds... I hope that once I have more options, these will attract more attention. Any more ideas, please feel free to add! ^.^

Riverwind

Just posting this preview so you all know that I am slowly but surely working on these. They definitely need to be resized and I will do that when I get around to templating them. :) (Link because they are just THAT huge)

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u638/riverwind_secundi/The%20Orchard/Butterflys_zps6fd44ad8.jpg