outline new breeds
make new foals for new breeds
show halters for new breeds

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TRADES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See here

Luv007

I wasn't aware your son is autistic.  I just came back from a Special Olympics horse show.  Does he participate in any of that?

TheKennel

No, I just don't have the resources to get him into programs like that.

Luv007

Non-profit organizations usually provide everything for you with the exception of transportation.  I know it has made a world of difference for a lot of our riders because not many of them are finacially stable because of all the surgeries their children go through.  Quite a few are physically disabled and it keeps them in and out of the hospital.

One little boy who's been riding longer than I've been volunteering is in a wheelchair for life, but can communicate and has quite the personality.  His little sister isn't so fortunate.  She's also in a wheelchair, but will never be able to express anything.  The mother is just a tiny woman and the son has gotten bigger over the years.  We have to use a lift to get him on the horse and he can hardly stay on half the time other riders do because the stretching is so painful on his legs.  At this weekend's horse show, he had a really bad infection that made riding nearly impossible, but he INSISTED on coming and showing.  He had tears streaming down his face almost the whole time and he didn't place for a medal, but everyone was so proud of him for being so determined.  We were all almost crying with him as he went around the cones and barrels.

The woman who runs our center has a son who is autistic.  John Scott is very high functioning and he rode my horse this weekend.  He took 2 golds and a silver.  Of course, he has the advantage of living on the farm, but he rarely takes advantage of it.  We were all very proud of him.  He's about 12-13ish I think...  But  if a center is available, you shouldn't need anything but transportation to and from.  We  even have school systems that bring their kids during school for it.

Let me know if you would like anymore information.  The woman that runs the center here knows a lot of people who run centers in other places and she is good at finding things like that.  She's even found a class for me to attend that will give me a free infant car seat for my little girl... because as I've said before, I'm definitely not financially ready for her.  I love kids, but I'm just not sure how ready I am to raise my own little girl... and I don't know how long daddy is going to be around, or if he's going to love her like she deserves to be loved, or if he's always going to love his first two kids, his boys more.  But then again, maybe that's just me being crazy.  He's swears I've got more than a few screws loose.

SplitX

Oh! I didn't know your son was autistic either, Garney. <3 I dunno how close you live to VA, or if you live in the US (I think you do, but I dunno. XD), but I volunteer at a special riding center and he would be more than welcome to ride here, even if y'all just came to VA for a day or two. I've been working there for about a year, and about 85% of the kids that ride there are autistic.

Also, Garney; I know you're your daughter's mom, and you know her better than I do, but if she needs to talk to any one, maybe you could have her send me a message on here, or be our messanger. I've been fighting depression since 7th grade (in 12th now) & some other problems that come as a result of it, ADD since I was a very young child (wasn't discovered 'till the summer leading to my 10th grade year), abnormal daytime sleepiness disorder (one of the worst cases they've seen too >>), I am possibly anemic and possibly have Von Willebrand's Disease (still haven't gotten tested. T.T), I've been making absolutely awful to average grades on a normal basis while trying my hardest, I have stress-induced and exercise-induced asthma, I have abnormal stress attacks that can cause me to have a strange allergic-type reaction (I break out in hives and cannot stop itching for the life of me), I have restrictive airways disease, I have orthostatic hypotension, I possibly have hypothyroidism, and I have just about the WORST immune system everrrr (bloodtype AB; can't remember if + or -). Heck, I used to be anorexic. I'm certainly not proud about that but it's certainly something I've had to deal with and pull myself out of. Also, I have acid reflux disease, but it hasn't been too active lately, thank goodness. Iiiiii also have short-term memory loss which is probably from the lack of sleep or from my ADD or from my depression, but it's still not fun walking into the kitchen which is about 15 steps from my computer and forgetting what I wanted to get or look for half-way there or when I get there. >> I also have AWFUL eye sight. I can't see ANY THING unless it's at one particular point, pretty close to my face, without contacts or glasses on (my prescription changes about once every few months too, which isn't fun). Wow I have a lot of problems. T_T;
So if she has anything to talk about, whether it's personal, or just about life in general, I'd be more than happy to talk to her. I have my fair share of problems, if they're health-related or just life-related. I've had to deal with being THE most unpopular girl in school (no matter what school I've been at) since about 3rd grade. I've had to deal with people being just plain rude. I've had to deal with so many things, it's just nuts. My point is that, I dunno what all you've been through, but if it's any of the above, or ANYTHING social, I've gone through it, and I can always talk to her or even talk to you and give advice. One thing I CAN do is give good, unbiased advice. Now, all of the stuff above I said is true, but it's in no means for sympathy. I'm alive, aren't I? Sure, I have a few too many health issues, but I'm alive and I'm not suffering compared to how bad things honestly could be.
I hope no one finds this offensive, but I am honestly trying to help here, Garney. <3 I know you love your family, and if I could ever be any means of help for your daughter, please, let me know. I've often given advice to the young girls I've babysat and other high school girls. Any social situation, I've dealt with. I've dealt with every single kind of peer pressure, doing poorly in school, etc. So just send me a message if you want some advice or if she'd like to talk to me. I mean, I really do know that's your position as a mom, but I know some times it's easier for a child to talk to someone other than their mom or dad. I know that's the case for me. <3

Garney

Really sorry guys. A lot of real life drama at the moment that I'd rather not share with the internet. I love you guys, but it's just way too sensitive information. If you have me on bookface you know the gist of things.

Short version for everyone else is, it deals with my kids.

I'm not leaving, not at all. Not giving up. Just most of my energy goes into these real life issues. Since I'm sick and struggling with mental health issues already, there isn't much Garney left for anything. My doctor is trying me on a new medication that will have me fuzzy for the next week, but hopefully will clear up some of my problems.

Going to try and get some of my owed stuff done now, but since tomorrow is a workday I suspect things to blow up again. Or at least knock me over.

springacres

*sends huge snuggles to a Garney*  Glad to have you back for the time being, at least.  Mental health issues suck.

JBGarrison72

Hope everything is going okay Garney. :)
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

LaneyAngel

Don't worry about any of the things going on here Garney.... Real life is SO SO SO SO SO much more important, ESPECIALLY when its to do with your children.
I don't have any of my own, I have animals, but even they are my world, as your children would be yours.
You do what needs doing gorgeous girl, we love you to pieces!
<3 <3 <3
**The Comprehensive List of Quinsta Colour Breeding Projects** - please come post and help make a guide to all Quinsta breeding projects on Secundi! :D
Quinsta- visual guide to males and females of each breed