News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

all done!

Started by Gene Pool, February 01, 2010, 09:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solistia

Haha, can you imagine all the beautiful fish if everyone had been allowed more than 1? 8D
And mmm Rainbow Trout, I used to catch them as a kid before I got old enough to have to have a fishing license X3 (they're such pretty fish, even if they are common >w< )

red_uni387

Gene Pool

This is DizzyFishClick DizzyFish for website!

red_uni387

Ryuukokoro

Garney

Name:  Kushiel
Owner: Garney
Primary body color: #66CCFF
Primary fin color: #66CCFF
Primary eye color: #66CCFF
Image:

Gene Pool

Could people who've colored for others do me a favor and type in CYO in the search bar of the gallery, to make sure I'm giving proper credit for the colorists?

sera

Guh, sera is slow. . . my smom just went home today, though, and things have been NUTS. x__X;  i hope to be able to colour tonight.

Solistia

Kadana Sorano

My Fishy!  Colored for me by Silvanon.  Thank you Silv! *bearhugs*

Notes: Silv has done the shading and highlighting on this boy, I'd like to keep it please, so if you can not add the normal ones you use that'd be lovely :)

Please replace the ? marks in his name with whatever his id number is.

I forgot what you said to list the base colors as, since "Clear" or "See Through" is not a color heh  And I forgot to ask you to remind me before you went off to read so.. leaving those fields with ? marks until you're back around to remind me.

Name: #??? Ryven
Owner: Kadana Sorano
Primary body color: ?
Primary fin color: ?
Primary eye color: ?

*stares at smexy see though glass fish mimic*
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Conroy

Silvanon colored this fish for me and I do not want the shading by Genepools shading added( no offense) thanks.

Name: Arnatsy
Owner: Conroy
Primary body color:
Primary fin color:
Primary eye color:
Image:

SweetCaroline

Name: Bliss
Owner: SweetCaroline
Primary body color: blue
Primary fin color: green
Primary eye color: red
Image:
~SC~

Rosewood

Finished coloring my fish. XD

Name: Silver
Owner: Rosewood
Primary body color: White
Primary fin color: White
Primary eye color: Gray
Image:

Rosewood

sera

Egads, i'm so sorry this took so long. X__x;;  Life SO kept eating me and still is. ><;

Name: Hpnotiq
Owner: sera
Primary body color: 760101
Primary fin color: CBA9A9
Primary eye color: 015976
Image:

Gene Pool

New game on front page. Only 2.5 hours left on the first one.

Solistia

Username-Solistia
What do you think would make this funnermore fun?-Proper grammar, j/k....I mean, more fun events? 8D;; I've liked all the ones so far X3 you're on a roll!
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?-Taking into account that these are quite popular, and the sheer amount of eggs just in this first season, you could easily charge 2 or 3 times the current amount (also, raising the price, might discourage some people from breeding too much? therefore giving you a little more breathing space XD)
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?-I definitely do! =D
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?-ALL OF THEM....I mean....a lot?
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?-I think it's entirely up to you and what you think you can handle before getting burned out.
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?-I personally like it the way it is, but if you think that'd be more helpful, go for it!
Should I hire staff to help me color?-I would say only if you're feeling overwhelmed. Secundi is still a small and close-knit enough community where I think an adoptable owner can be the only colorist, and still satisfy the needs of the customers.
Any suggestions?-I know you said you were going to limit starters to only 100, but perhaps as the shop grows larger and larger, maybe add another starter here and there? It will still keep them rare, but also allow for new owners the chance at a starter without having to bribe one away from a current owner.

PonyMama

Username- PonyMama
What do you think would make this funner?- seems ok so far
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- I think it should continue to be the same, just cause it allows people who just join secundi to participate as well.
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?- sure
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- until it gets too frustrating to get fish (I have had this happen where I can get a couple then the same people keep winning the critters and it becomes too much of a disappointment)
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?-  Maybe at times, but should have an open breeding season when you have the time
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- it would be helpful for those who have a hard time with sg
Should I hire staff to help me color?- if you want to have mroe events, or don't want to limit breeding season this would be a great idea.
Any suggestions? Not really at this time.

TheLeet

Username- TheLeet
What do you think would make this funner?- It's pretty fun so far. I'm really bad at coming up with fun ideas for adoptables. sorry :(
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- I think you should keep the price as it is. Being able to breed them cheaply is part of the fun and I think people would be less motivated to try to solve the genetic code if breeding got too expensive.
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?- yes, of course
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- I have no idea. I generally don't stop collecting because I have too many of one adoptable - I stop collecting because of real life being hectic or simply because something new and shiny comes along and
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?- It depends entirely on you. You should limit them if you feel overwhelmed but there's no need to limit as long as you can manage.
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- No, it'll just be another thing to keep track of and complicate matters
Should I hire staff to help me color?- It's up to you. I personally prefer when an adoptable is run by only one person but if you think you need the help, then get it :)
Any suggestions?- nope :)

IvySpring

Username- IvySpring
What do you think would make this funner?- Nothing! It's been really fun so far :]
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- From a newbie standpoint, I like the less expensive breeding option, just because it allows people who don't have much SG to be able to participate
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?- YESSS!
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- I don't think if I had the option to stop I would be able to >_<
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?- Yeah, not that I mind waiting, I just feel it would be easier on you. I know what it's like having a million crits to color at once >_<
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- Uhm, yeah that could be fun :]
Should I hire staff to help me color?- If you feel like you need help I don't see why not, but I love your coloring style so far :]
Any suggestions?- Keep up the good work! :]

Venus and Zephyr

SweetCaroline

Username- SweetCaroline

What do you think would make this funner?- A special breeding season(Blind Date)Everyone who wants to join gives you the ID# or name of 1 male & 1 female from their folder which they want to participate. You place each Female behind a door(no one knows who's is where but you, After the Females are hiding everyone picks a door,(if the one they pick is already taken then they have to re-post for a different door). When all doors are picked then the girl behind the chosen door is the mate for your boy you had picked. You can charge a fee for the door or from each breeding you can give 1 egg to female owner, 1 to male owner & 1 to science. Blind dates can be fun.

What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- That would depend on who is getting the 3 eggs, the female owner or the male owner, who pays if all eggs are going to the same person? I think breedings are worth at least 10k if you are going to get an egg from them, but if no egg for 1 of the participants then it would seem unfair for said participant to have to pay.

Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?- Definatelly!

How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- As many as I can get without getting duplicates of the same sex.(*Eyes her sex happy gidgets*)

Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?- Yes & No, You should limit them to keep them from getting to common or & less unique, Not to get them done faster, If you do them faster then we people will just be looking for the next round of breeding which would still keep you pretty busy. Wouldn't want you to get burnt out on them.

Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?-
Only if it makes things run more smoothly for you. If you do this & limit how many are available then it would certainly cut back on how many you would have to do during a breeding season, but it also would make it untill some folks couldn't breed theirs as I am quite certain people with lots of sg & time to stalk the store would hored up all the blotters.

Should I hire staff to help me color?- You could hire a colrist if you are feeling to overwhelmed by your sucess, or you could take a well deserved break & we could enjoy the ones we have & await the next breeding or event with Great Anticipation. Which might make the next event even more enjoyable. Kind of like waiting on X-mas to see what you got.

Any suggestions?- Maybe limit how many frmales each person can breed per season. I mean if someone has like 10-20 females & they breed them all in one breeding season then you will definatlly become overwhelmed & problly burnt out on coloring.
~SC~

YourLoveOnly

@SweetCaroline: that is what I had planned on doing as a valentine's day event!
I did it on gaia a few years back with Chirroc Town, it was a huge hit ^^

SweetCaroline

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on February 04, 2010, 02:42:42 PM
@SweetCaroline: that is what I had planned on doing as a valentine's day event!
I did it on gaia a few years back with Chirroc Town, it was a huge hit ^^

Which Adopty are you planning on doing it with?
~SC~

red_uni387

*flails and stares at thread* Gene Pool revealed!!! :O

Username- red_uni387
What do you think would make this funner?- just continue what you are doing :D
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- maybe 10k for female blotter, 5k for male blotter?
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?- YESYESYES!!!
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- I don't ever want to stop collecting :)
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?- I think taking them in batches would be easier, so you could open a ton of batches, but you;d wouldn't get behind in coloring ^^
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- That'd be nice, but I think it would be easier on you to just make us pay when we breed, so no image has to be drawn and you don't have to look in the gallery to see if we already have one or not
Should I hire staff to help me color?- That's up to you, only if you feel you need help :)
Any suggestions?- once the genetic code is cracked, we won't need hints anymore :( perhaps something else can be created so we still have something to challenge our brains with?

BabyKittenCandy

Username- BabyKittenCandy
What do you think would make this funner?- having a tank to display the fish in? Though might be hard given thier size
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- Prices seemed fair to me :)
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?-
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- How long is a piece of string ^^
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?- Depends if you wish to have seasons or continual breeding available.
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- Might be handy and may cut down on breeding work for you
Should I hire staff to help me color?- Depends if you feel you can cope/how big you wanna make your workload
Any suggestions?- Not at this time

sera

Username- sera
What do you think would make this funner?- Maybe other outlines?
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- i like the 5-7k range. . .
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?- Yeppers!
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- Oh, gads.  Hundreds? xD;;;;
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?- Hrms. . . that's a personal call; i like there being so many available for people, but it may be easier for your sanity.
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- i'm on the fence; i prefer to not have required items, but for this setting, breeding items are useful.  Also,it would allow people to trade said breeding items, which would be nice.
Should I hire staff to help me color?- Ooh, that'd be fun. ^^ i vote yes. lol
Any suggestions?-  Keep on, keeping on! ^^  Love the fishes!

YourLoveOnly

What is the end date for the new survey?
I am currently busy coloring customs and I'd like to finish those first.

Gene Pool

YourLoveOnly

Yes of course xD
Although I may very well need 3 days for coloring, I'm sure I can find some time to fill this out ^^
(I need to color about 10 customs and 50 Orlaya O.o)

SplitX

Username- SplitX
What do you think would make this funner?- Moar eggs for Splitty? -innocent smile-
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- I have NO idea >_>
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?- YES
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- ... A billion?
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?- I think you should open them in waves, but not limit the number, really. ^___^ Just say 'STOP' or something to stop incoming requests, then 'GO' again, so that way, once you're done with the first ones, the secon ones are ready, and you can just edit the pickups into a pickups post. :3
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- Oh yes, I believe so. n___n
Should I hire staff to help me color?- Yes! -raises hand-
Any suggestions?- -waves hand around- I'd love to help! Oh, I mean uhm, no... xD These are wonderfully done. :3

Kadana Sorano

Username- Kadana Sorano
What do you think would make this funner?- Something to do with the fishes perhaps.  Maybe some type of competition, but not the reguler kinds the other adopts allready have.  Not sure what fish could compete in but yea..
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- guh I hate these questions *shakes finger at you*  Because well, I suck at pricing heh  I of course like it cheap.  But they are worth more.  (considering I just spent 120k for an egg..) lol  But.. there is the consideration of keeping things cheap enough newcomers and less fortunate can still participate as well.  I will say, you should set the male blotter at half the price of the females blotter.  (So if you keep the females at 5k as it is now, make the males at 2,500.  This way all eggs cost the same.  As it is, those with a female are paying more per egg then those with males are. 
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?- yes please!
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- All of them!
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?- If you limit them, do it to save your sanity, not to make them go faster.  I don't think anyone will mind the wait much, if it means we get to breed more.  but I don't want to see you're nerves shot to hell either *hugs*
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- Ohh yes please!  *hoarde hoarde hoarde!*
Should I hire staff to help me color?- If you need the help, then by all means yes.  BUT.. if you are OK with no help, then I'd much prefer that you didn't with these.
Any suggestions?- Down the road in the distant future some time, maybe consider the possibility of new breeds.  Some of the chemical sludge that spilled maybe leaked out into the sewer, and maybe a pipe had a crack in it, leaking the gunk out into nature or such, a small lake or stream maybe, where you can find a new breed.  *imagines you getting attacked for a new round of "starter frenzy" if you do this though*
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Ravvana

Username- Ravvana
What do you think would make this funner?- Maybe you could do shorter spwanings of fewer eggs, so we'll get our adults sooner?
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- 30k total (20k female, 10k male)
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?- That would be nice, but I don't feel super strongly either way.
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- A ton! :) At least twenty would be lovely, but I doubt I'll ever decide to just stop once I hit a set number.
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?- Yes, please, but not too limited. Maybe 1 or 2 breedings per person? Or 20 slots total?
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- No, that sounds more confusing than it needs to be. Simple is good!
Should I hire staff to help me color?- If you want, but I do like your coloring. The main benefit of this would be speed.
Any suggestions?- Keep up the good work! ;)

Rosewood

Username-Rosewood
What do you think would make this funner?-Some trivia games on fish, or auctions.
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?-Around maybe 10k, considering that you would have to color all of them your self. XD
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?-Yes, I would love that.:)
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?-I have no limit, unless I get close to 500 fish, but even then, I might still collect them. :)
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?-No, part of the atraction is the oppertunity to breed more.
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?-Yes
Should I hire staff to help me color?-No,I like your coloring and wan to keep it.
Any suggestions?-Not really.

Conroy

Username- Conroy

What do you think would make this funner?- More events

What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?- 1500 secunds

Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?-

How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?- I don not want to stop collecting.

Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?- No.

Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- Yes.

Should I hire staff to help me color?- No.

Any suggestions?- Not really.

Gene Pool

New game, page 1, post 3. Everyone may play, 24 hours long (because I can't keep my identity secret much longer!)

"Getting to Know You" Survey submission raffle winner:

There were 15 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Ravvana
Silvanon
Goddesss
Garney
PonyMama
YourLoveOnly
Scullisto
IvySpring
sera
SweetCaroline
Ryuukokoro
Kadana Sorano
red_uni387
BabyKittenCandy
Dunkel.Prinzessin204
Timestamp: 2010-02-05 03:00:59 UTC

SplitX

Oh... Did I do something wrong? :x

Edit: I definitely sent mine in but... I wasn't entered.

Gene Pool

Ack sorry! Ran random.org again with you in the list to see what would happen. It put you at 14/16. It still put Ravvana at #2.

SplitX

Okay. ^__^ Tee-hee. Thanks. =D I was just scared that I'd done something wrong. >_> I like my eggies. >:3
Will there be another question added for me though? xDDD

Gene Pool

SplitX

Gene Pool

Do you mean something like this, BabyKittenCandy?

Solistia

oohhh that's cute :O
Now I want one for my fishies XD

Ravvana

SweetCaroline

Nice tank, would look great filled with all the colorfull fish.
~SC~

red_uni387

YourLoveOnly

SplitX

-sneezes all over tank-
... ... -slowly sneaks away with it- >_>;

Silvanon

Username- Silvanon
What do you think would make this funner?-  I'm having a lot of fun with it already, but I may eventually wish you'd add another fish species with all new genetics for me to crack *lol*
What is a good price for future spawnings (consider you get 3 eggs)?-  10K - 20K?
Would you like to see these become an agency, once that option opens?-  I think you've got a shot at it. :)
How many fish do you want before you stop collecting?-  I'll contiune collecting as long as I can think up a breeding goal to pursue.  I've got a few in mind already.
Should I limit future breeding slots to get them done faster?-  I think you'll have to include some sort of limiter eventually.  Even a small community can overwhelm an artist if it's a free-for-all.  Whether you do that with breeding items, slots, or high prices, any would work really.  I'm not sure what my preference would be.  Maybe some of each?  Low price slots, high price anytime breedings, perhaps?
Should I make blotters (breeding items) that can be bought and stored?- If you choose to make that the way to limit breedings, sure.  If not then I'd say no, since that'd add the inventory-keeping workload to your to-do list.
Should I hire staff to help me color?-  How much drama can you handle?  How good are you at managing people?  A good team can really move things along, but even the best teams have problems and dramas, and turn-over.
Any suggestions?- Give me more fish?  *lol*  Not really, beyond the above.

BabyKittenCandy

Gene Pool

What would you all think of me adding a canine to the mix later down the road? By the same artist. We could assume that some of the goop washed into a stream and was ingested by them.

I'll dig up images later. 2 female poses, 2 male, 1 pup, all with several mutation options.