News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Agency Pets vs Forum Adoptables guide?

Started by jojo, October 13, 2010, 01:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

This is something that I randomly thought of. I remember when I first started here at Secundi I was really confused about what the difference was between agency pets (pets from Secundi gameplay) and forum adoptables. It took me a long while to figure out that the forum is actually where everything happens, not the actual Secundi game. I think the reason I was confused was because I was not familiar with forum adoptables at all, and was more familiar with game-centered sites like Neopets or whatever. So this would be helpful for people that are brand new to the cyberpet world.

Maybe a guide explaining exactly how to get your own critters and explaining the difference and similarities between agency pets and forum adoptables would be helpful.

I just thought of this because it seems like there's a lot of new people lately ^^

Deekkru

Hmm, that's a good point. I had no trouble fitting in because I came from PI, where ALL adoptables are forum based, but people from most other sites wouldn't be used to this.

Ryuukokoro

Silvanon

http://www.secundi.net/help.php  There's a help link that's been up on the main site for some time.  What do you think should be added to better clarify things?

jojo

Oh, I was just thinking a more detailed description for Old World pets and Secundi Pets. The Help page sort of describes the difference in terms of role-playing (for example, Old World pets haven't adapted to Secundi all the way yet). Other than that it just says that "Old World Pet activities take place on the forums" and doesn't really say what that means.

So for me, someone who wasn't familiar with forum adoptables at all, Secundi was pretty confusing to figure out at first. The Help page also mentions that Secundi pets also hold events on the forum similar to Old World pets (but it's not really clear what that relationship is either). To summarize, maybe a more detailed description or outline of how forum adoptables work vs Secundi adoptables work would be awesome.

Maybe even a guide on how to set up an adoptable shop on the forum would clear things up if it was linked to the Help Page. (I think there's a Gaia forum post on this, I remember reading it when I first started on Secundi to familiarize myself with how things worked around here, so you could even link to that? I could try to find it if you think it's a good idea)

Then again, I figured out things fine just by hanging around, and I'm the only person that seems to have had trouble with this and posted about it, so if it's more work than it's worth that's cool too. X3

ETA: Found the Gaia links I was talking about -- super helpful for adoptables newbies, I think (it was for me, at least) x3
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/breedables-forum-rules-and-guidelines-updated-feb-17-07/t.11762938/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/a-newbie-s-guide-to-the-bcp-forum/t.54376185/