News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Panda Shrimps} Breeding Thread: Always Open

Started by YourLoveOnly, October 18, 2012, 12:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

(Panda Shrimp lineart & shading by LunarPixie from PI, colored & managed by YLO)
(cookies by PonyMama, breeding items by Laviee, accessoiries by Bunraku)

Panda Shrimps are a genetic mutation/hybrid we found in nature. Panda Shrimps may be traded or resold for anything except USD. They normally have single colored premade markings, but there are other rarer options. You can see the premade markings and read more about them here. You can see all current Panda Shrimps from this world here. Panda Shrimps from different worlds may crossbreed so if you have some from Garden Terrace, PI or Crossroads feel free to use those as well!

Breeding will always be open and work on a turn-based system. You only need bamboo to breed, but there are all sorts of items to further influence breeding! This breeding system is based off Garden Noms and used with TheLeet's permission.

How It Works
If you are interested in breeding Panda Shrimps simply post your username in bold and I shall add you to the list.

With the owner's permission you can borrow a Panda Shrimp for breeding, so you can be on this list even if you don't own any! The list rotates and you are only removed if you post asking so.

Once it's your turn I will send you a PM letting you know. You are free to decline if you don't want to breed at that moment, I will move your name to the bottom of the list and contact the next person. If you don't respond for two weeks you will also move to the bottom of the list, just to keep it moving. I will send a reminder before doing this. A day or two after submitting the forms your babies will arrive and your name will go to the bottom of the list again.

What You Need To Know
* Male x Female pairs only
* Each Panda Shrimp can breed once per turn (so you can't put a single Shrimp with multiple males/females)
* Pets from different sites may interbreed, so if you obtained one from PI/Garden Terrace/Crossroads in the past you may use them as well
* One piece of bamboo required per baby, everything else optional
* You can breed up to five babies per turn, six if using a gold annalice. Breeding less is fine!
* You can only keep up to three babies yourself. Trade/gift/sell any extras before they grow
* Babies grow up after 14 days

Waiting List
Bunraku
toffeeca
Country198606
Aralie
Winged dreams
Goddesss
Kahlira
PonyMama
Saturnalia
Sunchaser109
Keilin Alyr
hiyoko
Wildfilly94

YourLoveOnly

Basic Breeding
Items can be used to influence things, but a basic breeding with just bamboo works like this:
* The baby's gender is random
* The baby will display a blend of the parents' colors
* Premade marking showing on both parents are guaranteed to pass
* Premade markings showing on only one parent have a 50% chance of passing

Extra Item Info
* One piece of bamboo is required for each baby, everything else is optional
* Fairy shrimps, skeleton shrimps, krill & annalids cannot be stacked. One of each per baby
* Copepods and whale lice can be stacked, so you may use multiples on a single baby
* Golden annalid gives identical twins from just one piece of bamboo, no need for a second
* Unique markings have a 30% of passing and items do not affect those odds, they only affect premade markings

Items
You can only buy your breeding items when it's your turn. This post is here to show what's available so you can plot in advance if you wish. It's possible for quantities and/or prices to change over time.

bamboo: basic breeding item, one piece needed to produce a single baby - 1000sg (5 available)
pink fairy shrimp: guarantees that the baby is female - 500 sg (5 available)
blue fairy shrimp: guarantees that the baby is male - 500 sg (5 available)
white skeleton shrimp: gives the baby all of mom's patterns - 1000 sg (2 available)
blue skeleton shrimp: gives the baby all of dad's patterns - 1000 sg (2 available)
brown skeleton shrimp: lets you pick exactly which markings will pass to the baby - 2500 sg (1 available)
orange krill: guarantees that the baby will only have mom's colors - 500 sg (5 available)
purple krill: guarantees that the baby will only have dad's colors - 500 sg (5 available)
red annalid: makes the baby a perma-baby that never grows up - 2000 sg (1 available)
gold annalid: produces an identical twin baby - 2000 sg (1 available)
copepod: adds a random pattern to the baby - 500 sg (5 available)
white whale lice: removes all face markings from the baby - 500 sg (2 available)
pink whale lice: removes all leg markings from the baby - 500 sg (2 available)
brown whale lice: removes all body markings from the baby - 500 sg (2 available)
yellow whale lice: removes all scale markings from the baby - 500 sg (2 available)

Aralie

So glad these guys are coming back <3

Aralie

YourLoveOnly

Me too. I've been battling photobucket to hatch all those valentine's day cookies for months, but I get super frustrated after a while and give up XD I am trying to figure out the best way to do it now. Of course if we make Agency that won't be an issue, if not I have to see what works best.

I am hoping to replace the cookies by hatched Panda Shrimps, but it's been a pain. If it doesn't work I am gonna try to upload all critters into new owner folders and if that ALSO doesn't work we'll just have to deal with leaving the images of the old cookies among the pets until the moment we do make agency and can ignore photobucket forever 8D Because even if we don't make it now I plan on making it someday!

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I am officially all caught up! ;D Not all names are edited in yet, but many people didn't submit names for the Vday Panda Shrimps so it's rather difficult to sort that out.

This means I will start contacting people on the list soon AND you can expect event threads to start popping up again too <3

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Kahlira

Wildfilly94

Bunraku

toffeeca

toffeeca

If anyone needs Panda Shrimp to use mine are available for RB/Studdings :)

Country

Country198606

See I told you I'd get on the list XD I just had to wait for the chaos to quell XD

Goddesss

Kahlira

Permissions are here now, while I'm thinking of it.

Bun has my permission to use Micheal

And Saturn has my permission to use Marbles

Bunraku

Wildfilly94

PonyMama

Kahlira

YourLoveOnly

You don't need to post again Kah, people are moved to the bottom of the list after it's been their turn (or after they decline or after they don't respond for 2 weeks) unless they ask to be taken off the list <3 I know plenty of people forget to sign up again so I didn't wanna do that.

Kahlira

Gryphions

Sunchaser109

yes yes i have found this thread o.o

Keilin Alyr

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Kahlira

Permission fr Wildfilly to use Tiger Rawr is given by me.

Winged

Is it possible to use a red annalid to make a baby a perma-baby after the breeding? I thought not but doens't hurt to ask :)
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Since I color adults at the same time I am gonna say no to that, sorry. And items can only be purchased during your turn it wouldn't make sense either.

Winged

Thought that made sense but couldn't hurt to ask :)
Owner of Gliders!