News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Gliders] Importing and comments!

Started by Winged, October 29, 2012, 07:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged

I'll use this thread to let you know where i am in importing, since there's so many Gliders! It's going to take a while... luckily i'm now past the horrible first 11 which i had no files for so had to recolour if i could, or try and erase the cert and shadow. So if anyone has one of those that they think there's a problem with (I think they all look okay now but that's my screen) then let me know and we can work something out.

Importing progress:
569/569

I'm also looking for a new banner for Gliders, since the current one was one i made when they first started and it's pretty crap. If anyone can help, here's the thread!
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=7936.0

I'm leaving the owners folders up on photobucket till i have finished importing all, and then i'll leave them up for a few weeks after that incase anyone still wants to use them.

Note: There are a few gaps, either because of a gap or there's one case i've found so far when the Glider has been made into a love pair so now has a different ID. So if you see gaps in the Agency ID don't worry.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions or complaints, please post them here or pm me! I need your advice if anything about the way i'm setting them up doesn't seem right :) Also, all the info i'm putting up there is for you so it's up to you to comment (once i've got more up) and let me know if it's enough.
I'm unlikely to do any events till i've finished uploading, but it's a possibility if i get fed up with importing :p

New Gliders (this is just to remind me)
570-Willow-Tropicana-Click
571-country198606-Spike-Click
572-Silvanon-Nara-Click
573-Saturnalia-Hurricane-Click
574-Kahlira-Find Love-Click
575-Silvanon-Sunset-Click
576-Silvanon-StarStreak-ClickF
577-Silvanon-Shuruki-ClickF
578-Silvanon-Nivida-ClickF
579-Silvanon-Surf-ClickM
580-Silvanon-Dark Valentine-ClickM
581-Silvanon-Sunshatter-ClickF
582-Bunraku-Pantelirah-ClickM

583-Bunraku-Vincent-ClickM
584-Bunraku-Sesshomaru-ClickM
585-Bunraku-Sou-ClickM
586-Bunraku-Sephiroth-ClickM
587-YourLoveOnly-Noni-ClickF
588-Saturnalia-Bow Diddil-ClickM
589-672 Christmas premades

Owners Folders- Click
Information thread- Click
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Looking great so far!

Personally I'd give credit to SkySong on the Agency's main display (along with the original artist and yourself) instead of the mutations page, I think it looks a bit odd there because not all mutations have artist credit listed, only hers and not everyone checks that page either so I think it would go best on the Agency's main page.

Also, my Vixen (#ID 18) is listed as Male instead of Female :)

Winged

Yes i was planning to add the full credits for everyone on the main page :)
Ah, my excuse for that mistake is that while i was filling in the form for her the page kept crashing so it eventually took me three attempts to get her up xD I'll correct that now.
Owner of Gliders!

Pinkshadow

oow i just noticed i actually do have a glider :O
- I didnt think i did :o

Winged

Yes you've got one, from a while ago.
Owner of Gliders!

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Winged dreams on October 29, 2012, 07:59:45 AM
Yes you've got one, from a while ago.

I'm surpriced, but i deff fail to stalk these, even though i like them :O

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Saturnalia

Awesome! And congrats; I was really glad to see that you'd made it.

Winged

We now have a lovely new naming bone availiable in the store!

Art by Bunraku :)
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Quote from: Winged dreams on October 29, 2012, 07:56:46 AM
Yes i was planning to add the full credits for everyone on the main page :)
I'd still change the mutations page too, either remove Sky or add artist credits everywhere, because right now Sky is credited with some and no artist is listed for the others so it looks like you, as the owner, templated all of the others. But I think it was the original artist and not you who did the other mutations? So it's a bit misleading right now I think.

So lovely seeing some of my characters arriving on my pet page <3

Winged

Well it explains thato n the front page, and i've credited the artist for all the original art, si i don't feel there's a problem. I'll think about it though.
Glad you like seeing them! There was a little glut of your pets xD
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I have many Gliders, yes I do! -snuggles them-

And okay then, I'd think it's easier to just put artist credit with each mutation or do it all on the main page, not half on the main page and half on the mutations page but that's just me.

Winged

Well i thought it would be too long to list the mutations by SkySong on the front page, especially since there is another artist doing a couple of mutations. And it seems odd to list the original artist on the mutations page. But i'll think about adding that.
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Added a poll to the help booth asking for opinions on the love pair template. Please let me know your input!
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=7937.0
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Passed the hundred mark! 105 imported now.
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

140/569

Uploaded a bunch of breedings, please check them! I'm pretty sure there's no errors but there's a ton more work for breedings so slightly more chance of something going wrong.

Note: There are a few gaps, either because of a gap or there's one case i've found so far when the Glider has been made into a love pair so now has a different ID. So if you see gaps in the Agency ID don't worry.
Owner of Gliders!

Ryuukokoro

I'm having so much fun checking my Pet page every now and again and seeing my Gliders grow. ^.^ At first I thought the same thumbnail had accidentally been uploaded to two different Gliders, but it turns out I have two that look very similar on the front end. XD

You might want to check your mutations. When I did a search for a mutation, like Gemmed, only 14 results came up. And I think there's a lot more than 14 Gliders out of the 140 you've uploaded so far that have Gemmed! ^_^;; I know 4 of my 5 imported so far have Gemmed and they don't come up in the search.

Winged

Yeah there's a big bunch that need mutations added, mutations have to be added after the Glider is uploaded. I'm going home over the weekend, and i'm not taking my laptop so won't be able to import any. But i will have access to a computer for a bit, so i got a large batch imported today and i'm going to add the mutations to them over the weekend.
Haha yes the thumbnails don't show much, it took me a while to get the right size and position for them but i ended up deciding that was best.

Glad you're having fun checking your pet page! I'm having fun finding my Gliders (mostly my characters) as i import xD
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

The Naming Bone is now activated, so anyone wishing to rename their Gliders can now! Please let me know if there are any issues.
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Imported up to 152, and all mutations should be up to date now!
Owner of Gliders!

Ryuukokoro

Great job with all the importing so far! ^^

It looks like one of mine still isn't registering in the mutation search. When I search for Spines my girl Aura comes up in the search but my guy Starry Night doesn't. For Gemmed mutation all four of mine show up, including Starry Night. :)

Winged

He'd missed his spines, sorry! Added the new mutation, but he now has gemmed listed twice... i'll go ask Silv to correct it xD
Owner of Gliders!

Ryuukokoro

Oh dear haha. Well that's okay, he still shows up in the search! I didn't know mutations could list twice, so I guess you learn something new every day heh heh ^_^

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Sorry i haven't made much progress with importing this week, i've been busy with college and have been colouring customs for Silv.
But for the last little while i've been colouring because i had an urge to colour something random, and because i'm tired this is what came out...

I actually quite like him :p
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Saturnalia

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Bunraku

You should template that pattern, I love it *O*

skysnolimit

Winged

Glad you all like!
Well i didn't save the .psd of that so don't think i'll be able to xD But i could try templating a similar one at some point. I was planning on seeing if i can get join.me to work for me, once importing is done or at least further along and work on templating some new markings and other colouring.
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Kahlira

Winged

It's been going slowly, but i should be less busy at weekends from now on!
Owner of Gliders!

Kahlira

lol! Slow and steady wins the race XD

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Kahlira

I do like visiting with my old friends xD

I am horrible about keeping up with adopties.

Winged

Just found we have no Glider #200! So first to post a photo of a buckskin horse wins this girl!
Owner of Gliders!

Aralie

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Aralie

Name: Dorina
Owner: Aralie

Thank-you she is very pretty!

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Ryuukokoro

YourLoveOnly

So jealous! Must grab breed with pretty girl someday <3

Aralie

You definitely can YLO, all of mine will be up for breed ^_^

Winged

Breeding should start again once i've got everything set up, i've got a colourist who will be handling breedings if we can get a system that works for both of us.
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

A note on lovepairs, if you dislike the new template you can request the original one.
This is availiable to anyone who wishes it, but you must speak up soon! I will redo up to two love pairs already imported, but not any more than that. You must tell me the ID numbers of all the lovepairs you have (or the ones you wish to be imported on the original templete) and then after i have finished importing all certed ones in future you must tell me if you are buying a love pair, i am unlikely to remember exactly who wished the original template.
The new template is the default one.

New template

Original template
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

242/569 imported! Hope to get a few more done later!
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Owner of Gliders!