{Pecora} I'll Be Home For Christmas ~ Game results coming in!

Started by Pecora, December 13, 2012, 12:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunraku

Christmas Game - Day 3

(X) Set one large rectangle table, with the kids seated in between their own parents. Nice and organized.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Wildfilly94

Christmas Game - Day 3

With the cards and tree taken care of it's time to think about the actual celebration. You and your family alternate hosting duties and this year is your turn! First order of business, how are you going to set up the room for dinner..

(X) Set two square tables, one for the kiddos and one for the adults. Now you can all have normal conversations without the kids interrupting.

Well, our family usually does a 'kids table' and an 'adult' talble, so I think I'm going to do the same this year! Nice and organized. [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

Saturnalia

Christmas Game - Day 3

(X) Set several small tables and let people move around to different tables during the feast. Less chaotic this way and you still get to speak with everyone.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

It's always been a holiday tradition with my family to do a big hors d'ouvres feast, and it's best when people can serve themselves and then mingle as they choose! People can move around and chat with whomever they wish, and no one gets trapped in conversations they really don't want to be a part of... like when the awkward relative brings up politics...

toffeeca

toffeeca

Is there anyone around who would like to do a franken or two?

FCFC

.Feline and Canine Fanciers Club. Owned by Wild & YLO.
Further supported by BlueOrchidWolf & PonyMama {HIATUS}

toffeeca

I wanna try out join me. So if anyone is interested, I will be doing a couple giveaways :D

https://secure.join.me/170-659-461

Pecora

If anyone else wants to join, YLO is getting everything XD

Keilin Alyr

Christmas Game ~ Day 3
(X) Set two square tables, one for the kiddos and one for the adults. Now you can all have normal conversations without the kids interrupting.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

I remember when I was a little kid that adult conversations tended to be boring and kids don't like to be quiet, and most adults don't appreciate good fart jokes or mashed potato and gravy volcanoes. So in the interest of keeping potentially spastic youngsters entertained (perhaps with a cute holiday cartoon on the television) with no sighs or grumbles of complaint, we'll keep the kids' table and the adults' table separate.

And by covering the kid table with a craft paper tablecloth and crayons, I won't need to decorate that table with a pretty little centerpiece and placemats. They can decorate it themselves! ^^

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

jojo

Christmas Game ~ Day 3

Same sentiment as Keilin, when I was a kid I loved having a separate kids table! I think each group had tons of fun talking about the stuff they actually wanted to talk about, haha.

Pecora

Christmas Game ~ Day 4

Now that you know where people will sit during the Christmas dinner, you should probably figure out the actual dinner. Sadly there isn't much time left to shop and prepare within your hectic schedule!

What do you do? Make your choice.
(X) Buy already made dishes for starter, main and dessert. All you have to do now is put the main course in the oven. It may not be homemade, but at least it's easy.
(X) Do a very simple starter, buy a couple different icecream flavors for desert and focus all your energy on creating a very impressive main course.
(X) Go all out and cook a five course dinner! You defenitely want your turn at hosting to be memorable.
(X) Settle for a buffet type dinner with lots of different little dishes/snacks. Let everyone attending make and bring at least two small things. This way you don't have to do all the work and it's a lot easier than having everyone make a full course and make sure they go together.

You have the entire Secundi day to answer (I'll give it a bit extra, let's say until 04:00 tomorrow since I am so late today). Include a 1d20 dice roll when posting your selection. It's appreciated if you title your post Christmas Game - Day 4 in maroon so I can easily spot game posts.

Pecora

Also a sincere apology for not posting results from previous days yet, I've been dedicating all my time to coloring a bunch of things from several shops in time for Christmas day. I'm afraid I may have to do results at the end of the game anyway. This may work out better too, since for example you prep a dinner in advance but won't know what everyone will think of it until Christmas day, so from an in character perspective it may be best to announce everything at the end anyway.

Aralie

Christmas Game ~ Day 4

(X) Go all out and cook a five course dinner! You defenitely want your turn at hosting to be memorable.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]

Can't be to hard can it? Just have to choose dishes I have made before! That should hopefully mean I can have it done on time.

PonyMama

I can't believe my computer and I did not agree yesterday and my post did not work
*kickes computer*  You made me miss a day

Christmas Game ~ Day 4

(X) Settle for a buffet type dinner with lots of different little dishes/snacks. Let everyone attending make and bring at least two small things. This way you don't have to do all the work and it's a lot easier than having everyone make a full course and make sure they go together.

Bring your own and scattered small things make for a great social dinner on short notice.  if anything buy a ham and it takes way less time than a turkey

Bunraku

Christmas Game ~ Day 4

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Saturnalia

Christmas Game - Day 4

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

Appetizers make for the funnest dinners, anyway! And having a big variety of things to eat can be fun. There will definitely be something that everyone likes!

Keilin Alyr

Christmas Game ~ Day 4

Taking my lighthearted and casual approach to the holidays to heart, I don't want to overdo dinner and make myself look inconsistent and strange to my relatives. Besides, continuing to have fun and not take myself too seriously will keep the holiday stress-free without resorting to pre-bought meals, and having everyone bring their favorite dishes while I make little ones of my own could start a fun family tradition.

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

jojo

Christmas Game - Day 4

(X) Do a very simple starter, buy a couple different icecream flavors for desert and focus all your energy on creating a very impressive main course.

What can I say? I'm a simple person XD Less stress and coordination, more fun times for everyone.

Pecora

Christmas Game ~ Day 5

Another thing to think about is the music. It may not seem that important but it can really help set the festive mood and keep everyone joyful! But there are so many options when it comes to Christmas music.

(X) Make a playlist on your computer that consists of all of your favorite Christmas songs.
(X) Turn on the radio on some populair channel playing only famous Christmas pop songs.
(X) Turn on the tv in the background where a large choir is singing traditional carrols.
(X) Let everyone bring their own CD with some type of Christmas themed music and alternate those.

You have 24 hours until 06:00 tomorrow to answer because YLO is dumb and late again. Hopefully that will cover every timezone. Include a 1d20 dice roll when posting your selection. It's appreciated if you title your post Christmas Game - Day 5 in maroon so I can easily spot game posts.

Saturnalia

Christmas Game - Day 5

(X) Let everyone bring their own CD with some type of Christmas themed music and alternate those.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

I'll put on one of my cds, too, of course-- probably the John Denver & the Muppets Christmas album-- but I like variety! And if everyone gets to put on their CD for a little while, then everyone will stay happy. Might hear some neat songs I hadn't heard before, too!

PonyMama

Christmas Game - Day 5

(X) Make a playlist on your computer that consists of all of your favorite Christmas songs.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

Aralie

Christmas Game - Day 5

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

I can be slightly picky on versions of songs so I like making my own <3

Bunraku

Christmas Game - Day 5

(X) Turn on the tv in the background where a large choir is singing traditional carrols.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

Keilin Alyr

Christmas Game - Day 5

Oh hey, a moment to sit my lazy tush in front of the computer, this sounds like a blissful diversion! All joking aside, I'll be sure to include a wide variety of holiday songs, from traditional favorites to unusual global selections, but I can be really picky with holiday music. But who knows, maybe a traditional Irish song or long-forgotten nostalgic tune will spark some lovely dinner conversation.

Besides, I fully expect the kids to want the television running some cartoon show or another and for the adults to be conversing and carrying on merrily, so I don't expect my song selection to factor too much in anyone's enjoyment of the get-together. I hope anyway. XD

Pecora

Christmas Game ~ Day 6

Decorations, music, food, cards. You know you're forgetting something important, but what is it? Then it hits you.. You forgot to buy gifts!! Oh no!

(X) You dig through all the boxes of random things you have in storage and pull out things to gift from there. Easiest and quickest solution and no one will know.
(X) You craft some type of handmade gift. It may take you a long time, but it's nice and personal and you get to avoid the busy shopping district.
(X) You go out to buy a gift for everyone, making sure to spend time buying something different for each individual that you know they'll like.
(X) You go out and purchase a giftcard for everyone, making sure to pick a type of card that can be spent in a warehouse that sells lots of different things.

You have until 07:00 tomorrow to answer. Include a 1d20 dice roll when posting your selection. It's appreciated if you title your post Christmas Game - Day 6 in maroon so I can easily spot game posts. Tomorrow I'll put up the final day and give you guys an extended time to answer so it doesn't get in the way of your real life Christmas celebrations.

Aralie

Christmas Game ~ Day 6

(X) You go out to buy a gift for everyone, making sure to spend time buying something different for each individual that you know they'll like.

It should only take me a day to find gifts for everyone since I have an idea of what to get.

Saturnalia

Christmas Game - Day 6

(X) You craft some type of handmade gift. It may take you a long time, but it's nice and personal and you get to avoid the busy shopping district.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

Crafting, at least, is something that Saturn is very familiar with. She breaks out the candle wax, fragrances, cardstock, paints, photographs, glue, and everything else she might need and sets to work.

Bunraku

Christmas Game - Day 6

PonyMama

Christmas Game - Day 6

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

I enjoy crafting stuff and try to do something homemade for people as much as possible so this would suit me very well

Pecora

Christmas Game ~ Day 7
It's the last day before Christmas! Time to arrange the very last thing you haven't done yet; the evening's entertainment!

(X) Let the youngest kids watch cartoons while the older ones and adults play boardgames.
(X) Spend the evening watching a well known Christmas movie or two together, like the Grinch for example.
(X) Time for Christmas karaoke! It should keep the festive mood and you think it's something all ages can participate in.
(X) Round up a bunch of items and do a few rounds of White Elephant gift swapping. It's a good way to clear away some of these boxes full of things you never use anymore.

You have until 07:00 on December 26 to answer, hopefully everyone can make it in that time. Include a 1d20 dice roll when posting your selection. It's appreciated if you title your post Christmas Game - Day 7 in maroon so I can easily spot game posts. Tomorrow I'll put up the final day and give you guys an extended time to answer so it doesn't get in the way of your real life Christmas celebrations.

Bunraku

Christmas Game ~ Day 7

(X) Let the youngest kids watch cartoons while the older ones and adults play boardgames.

Aralie

Christmas Game ~ Day 7

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Playing board games gives us a chance to chat about whatever we feel like while the kids amuse themselves... as long as they can all agree on a show XD

Saturnalia

Christmas Game - Day 7

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]

Boardgames & Christmas have always gone hand-in-hand for me on Christmas. Nowadays, too, my friends and I are total boardgame nuts, so... kids can do what they wish, and boardgames for the rest of us!

Keilin Alyr

Oof, I forgot yesterday's entry. Then again, my mind was rather preoccupied with pre-long drive stress... I can't focus when I'm worried about that big drive. =(

Christmas Game ~ Day 7

It may be a little uninspired, but board games have always been a tried and true way to pass the time at our place, and we have a selection to rival the best-stocked hobby shop. From classics like Monopoly and several different versions of Risk and oddball selections like Munchkin and Last Night on Earth, we have something to please just about everyone. And heck, if the kids get bored with cartoons, they can grab a game of their own or join the adults if we're not playing something too intricate.

jojo

Christmas Game - Day 7

Woops, missed the last two due to Christmas chaos!

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

I like boardgames because people can talk and socialize over a shared activity. I think less structured things like watching TV works a little better for kids, they tend to be good at entertaining themselves especially in a group!

PonyMama

Christmas Game ~ Day 7

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]

Wildfilly94

Doesnt much matter since I missed so many days from the funeral and christmas, but, I'll try anyway XD

Christmas Game - Day 7

(X) Round up a bunch of items and do a few rounds of White Elephant gift swapping. It's a good way to clear away some of these boxes full of things you never use anymore.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

I decided to do a White Elephant game! I wrapped up some cat toys and a couple old clothing items I dont need just for the fun of it, and some knick nacks. Everyone will love this game!

-We actually did this this year, and it was SO fun for all ages of the family.

YourLoveOnly

And that makes a full week! I'll give anyone 24 hours to answer a previously missed day of your choice, but only one.

Wildfilly94

Christmas Game - Day 6(Make-up day)

I rush to walmart, my trusty, go-to store and panic, trying to find things unique and special for everyone. I decide to drop by Five Below as well, since everything there is cheap, and I'm low on cash. I stop to breathe at the car soon after, sooo glad I got everyone something. That was close!

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]

Keilin Alyr

Ooh, thank you for letting us make up a missed day! I was feeling a little bummed that I forgot to post a reply during all my pre-travel frazzle. =3

Christmas Game ~ Day 6

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Okay, I can't quite bring myself to be nonchalant and lazy with my gift purchases, even under the rest of my zen and stress-free holiday philosophy. Of course, it'll be good to make a specific list for all my friends and family, so I'm not wandering around aimlessly looking for inspiration.

Also, luckily, I know a few tried and true stores that my friends and family enjoy, some of which are even away from malls and bustling shopping centers, and a few online retailers that guarantee next-day delivery should complete my list. So, outside of the traffic, I should remain mostly relaxed.

PonyMama

Christmas Game - Day 3 -make up day

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

This is the easiest way to do it, unless you throw some kids in who are just not good at listening

Pecora

It's finally time to get these results in.. Sorry for being so slow, as explained elsewhere I've been struggling with my health quite a bit and the recovery was rather slow. I hope to be back fully now! Posting results will take some time though, since there's 5 possible options per choice and 4 choices per day so that's a total of 20 possible outcomes. I wrote up the point ranges and matching dice numbers before starting, but I still have to write the corresponding RP blurbs. Fortunately I enjoy doing that XD

Christmas Game - Day 1

Prompt:
Only a week until Christmas and you've been so busy you forgot to send out your Christmas cards! There's a note in your mailbox from your local post office, reminding you to send out any cards by today. The post office closes in an hour. What do you do?

SweetCaroline's choice: (X) Go to the closest store, buy enough cards and enveloppes to sent to all of your friends and family, write a nice message on every single one and race to the post office as fast as you can. Forgetting them was your own fault, you don't want anyone to miss out because of that.
Your result: 19-20: Looks like people have been going for the cheap and simple option this year, as there's mostly fancy cards left. They cost a bit more, but you're able to pick out individual cards that each suit the person you're sending it to. You also make it to the post office in time, so now all you have to do is sit back and wait for them to arrive. (+2)

Bunraku's choice: (X) Go to the closest store, buy enough cards and enveloppes to sent to all of your friends and family, write a nice message on every single one and race to the post office as fast as you can. Forgetting them was your own fault, you don't want anyone to miss out because of that.
Your result: 1-5: Rushing is never a good idea.. It's been snowing and you've managed to slip and fall! Your arm hurts for the next few days, you limp slightly and on top of that you don't manage to post your cards in time and a few of them got damaged when you fell down. This sucks! (-2)

Aralie's choice: (X) Go to the closest store, buy enough cards and enveloppes to sent to all of your friends and family, write a nice message on every single one and race to the post office as fast as you can. Forgetting them was your own fault, you don't want anyone to miss out because of that.
Your result: 6-10: You stand in front of a closed post office, just a little too late! You turn around and hope to send them tomorrow instead when it starts raining. Your cards get soaked and there's nothing to do but either skip sending cards or buy new ones tomorrow. Talk about bad luck! (-1)

Saturnalia's choice: (X) Go to the closest store, buy enough cards and enveloppes to sent to all of your friends and family, write a nice message on every single one and race to the post office as fast as you can. Forgetting them was your own fault, you don't want anyone to miss out because of that.
Your result: 11-15: You arrive just as the post office closes. The nice lady working there decides to let you in anyway, but the cards brought in that day were already picked up to get sorted. At least your cards are at the post office now and don't have too much of a delay. (0)

jojo's choice: (X) Go to the closest store, buy enough cards and enveloppes to sent to all of your friends and family, write a nice message on every single one and race to the post office as fast as you can. Forgetting them was your own fault, you don't want anyone to miss out because of that.
Your result: 1-5: Rushing is never a good idea.. It's been snowing and you've managed to slip and fall! Your arm hurts for the next few days, you limp slightly and on top of that you don't manage to post your cards in time and a few of them got damaged when you fell down. This sucks! (-2)

PM's choice:(X) Don't sent any cards this year. Surely your friends and family won't mind if you skip a year.
Your result: 9-12: Nobody comments on the lack of a Christmas card, not even your parents! Does anybody even pay attention to you these days or all they all too busy to care? (0)

springacres's choice: (X) Go to the closest store, buy enough cards and enveloppes to sent to all of your friends and family, write a nice message on every single one and race to the post office as fast as you can. Forgetting them was your own fault, you don't want anyone to miss out because of that.
Your result: 11-15: You arrive just as the post office closes. The nice lady working there decides to let you in anyway, but the cards brought in that day were already picked up to get sorted. At least your cards are at the post office now and don't have too much of a delay. (0)

Keilin's choice: (X) Send them out another day. The post office is swamped as it is and there's no way they will arrive in time anyway. You can pick some up and sent them out when you go grocery shopping the day after tomorrow.
Your result: 9-13: Turns out the reminder note really did serve a purpose and they had this special priority thing for Christmas cards. That service has closed now so your cards got stuck in with the regular mail, which is running behind. They only start arriving after Newyears and nobody seems to care much about them at that point. (0)

Wildfilly's choice: (X) Go to the closest store, buy enough cards and enveloppes to sent to all of your friends and family, write a nice message on every single one and race to the post office as fast as you can. Forgetting them was your own fault, you don't want anyone to miss out because of that.

Subtotal after day 1:
Aralie: -1
Bunraku: -2
jojo: -2
Keilin Alyr: 0
PonyMama: 0
Saturnalia: 0
springacres: 0
SweetCaroline: 2
Wildfilly: 0

YourLoveOnly

Okay, quick question, since there were no responses to the first results at all which made me a bit discouraged.. Do people read these RP blurbs and enjoy them? I really love writing them up, but if no one is interested in reading them I could just skip all of those and simply announces points. What do you guys want?

Winged

I read a few of them and quite liked them, but i'd never got round to entering the event.
Owner of Gliders!

Wildfilly94

I read them. ^^ I was just hoping the event results would be posted every day, so I was waiting for the next event result. XD

Keilin Alyr

Bwahaha, figures I'd have bad luck on top of my laziness. Silly useless mail service. XD

And sorry about that, I only just realized the thread had been updated. I'm enjoying the individual roleplay blurbs, they're an awesome touch, but don't sweat 'em if they're too much work for you. Maybe just give roleplay snippets to people who roleplayed if it becomes too much hassle, otherwise keep 'em up! =)

YourLoveOnly

I like doing them, and they're nice breaks from all my coloring XD Will continue them then since people like them :D Hoping to post one a day starting tomorrow, but there's festivities in my town until tuesday evening so I might be too busy to do so daily. And then there's my health.. But will try my best!

YourLoveOnly

Be nice to YLO and pretend I am not the slowest person on this planet? D: I have NO clue how I can color for 2 to 3 hours in a row, but can't deal with text for more than 30 minutes. *grumbles* And I am too lazy to switch accounts XD

Christmas Game - Day 2 Results

Prompt:
A very important part of Christmas is having a Christmas tree! But.. you don't have one set up yet. Your family is coming over on Christmas and the house doesn't look very festive yet. What do you do?

Bunraku's choice: (X) Purchase a fake tree to decorate. Much less messy than a real one and easier to find on a short notice.
Your result: 12-16 : You find a pre-lit tree with LED lights and add small touches of decoration to it. It's visibly fake, but it's fancy looking and the children love the alternating colors. (+1)

Aralie's choice: (X) Purchase a fake tree to decorate. Much less messy than a real one and easier to find on a short notice.
Your result: 12-16 : You find a pre-lit tree with LED lights and add small touches of decoration to it. It's visibly fake, but it's fancy looking and the children love the alternating colors. (+1)

Saturnalia's choice: (X) Go out and try to find a nice real Christmas tree. It's not really Christmas without one!
Your result: 6-11 : The tree looks nice, but the kids running around make for a couple broken ornaments before the night is done. Unfortunate, but you don't let it ruin the evening. (0)

jojo's choice: (X) Forget the tree, instead decorate your home with Christmas light, tinsel or some other items to get that festive mood going.
Your result: 10-13 : It looks pretty good, but once the guests arrive you try to turn on the largest string of Christmas lights only to find out it's broken. It still looks okay, but it's a bit disappointing. (0)

PM's choice: (X) Forget the tree, instead decorate your home with Christmas light, tinsel or some other items to get that festive mood going.
Your result: 1-3 : While the adults pretend not to notice the lack of a tree, you do receive a few subtle insulting remarks about it. The kids, lacking subtlety, are just being plain whiny about it. So much for holiday spirit. (-2)

Keilin's choice: (X) Forget the tree, instead decorate your home with Christmas light, tinsel or some other items to get that festive mood going.
Your result: 1-3 : While the adults pretend not to notice the lack of a tree, you do receive a few subtle insulting remarks about it. The kids, lacking subtlety, are just being plain whiny about it. So much for holiday spirit. (-2)

Wildfilly's choice: (X) Forget the tree, instead decorate your home with Christmas light, tinsel or some other items to get that festive mood going.
Your result: .. You forgot to roll a die D: Looks like a genuine mistake because there's a RP blurb and everything, so if you roll a die in a new post now I'll edit in your result XD

Subtotal after day 2:
Aralie: 0
Bunraku: -1
jojo: -2
Keilin Alyr: -2
PonyMama: -2
Saturnalia: 0
springacres: 0
SweetCaroline: 2
Wildfilly: 0

*stares at subtotals* Well, this game isn't being very nice, now is it? XD

Wildfilly94